Episode 24: Conflict Sparked

On Saturday morning, Tylor was getting prepared to go out on a date with Sulley. "My hair, getting my hair done~" Tylor hummed as he took extra care of his hair. He also hummed in tune when he sang "Donuts, got my donuts~" the day after Mini Monster Day. 

"Tylor! Honey, do you have a second?" Millie called as she peeked inside the bathroom. 

"What is it, mom?" Tylor asked. 

"You got a call from Monsters University," Millie said as she handed the phone to him.

"Huh, I wonder who it is," Tylor said as he grabbed the phone out of Millie's hand. "Hello? This is Tylor Tuskmon speaking. Oh! Hello, coach! It's been a while! Yes, I've been doing well! Oh, I'm glad to hear that. Oh, really? Congratulations! Oh, that was nothing! Wait, really? You want me to give out a speech to the new team for the victory? That wouldn't be too hard. Of course, tell me the date and I'll be ready by then. This coming Friday? That works fine. Yes, see you soon. Bye-bye!"

"Who was it, Tylor?" Millie asked as Tylor handed her the phone. 

"The coach from MU Ultimate Frisbee Team," Tylor explained. "He said the team won the competition and he wants me to give a congratulatory speech to them!"

"Makes sense, 2x Ultimate Frisbee Champion!" Millie said with a motherly wink.

"Now, I just have to write up a congratulatory speech and practice them," Tylor said. "I'll do them after I get back from going out with my friends." He was actually going on a date with Sulley. 

"You do you," Millie said with a caring smile. "Now, hurry up, you don't want to be late."

"I definitely don't want to be," Tylor said as he placed the brush down on the bathroom sink.  

********

Sulley and Tylor went to Cave of Cakes and had a brunch, the same menu as last time; Sulley ordered Belgorian Waffles and Tylor ordered Stench Toasts. They also had a cup of coffee each. 

"So, they want me to give a speech for the grand victory at MU," Tylor mentioned as he sipped his cup of warm coffee. "They won another trophy for Ultimate Frisbee."

"Oh, yeah!" Sulley said as he swallowed his mouthful of Belgorian Waffle. "You were 2x Ultimate Frisbee Champion!"

"Oh, you remembered!" Tylor said before he took a bite of his Stench Toast. "Yeah, so they want me to give a congratulatory speech."

"You've accomplished so much in your college years," Sulley said as he chuckled and caressed his cheek. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Thank you," Tylor said as he gently held the Sulley's hand that was on his cheek. Sulley quickly let go before anyone else saw them. "Although being a star in college didn't necessarily make me a star at work..."

"Don't let that thought discourage you," Sulley said with a comforting smile.

"All right," Tylor giggled softly as he liked it. "Can you help me write it?"

"I'll be more than happy to!" Sulley said. "Am I also invited to go see you give the speech out?" 

"Of course, you are," Tylor said.

"Then, we'll take a little detour on our date," Sulley said. 

"Detour? Where?" Tylor asked. 

Sulley and Tylor went to the electronics shop called Waste Buy. Sulley looked around in the video camera section. Sulley picked each one of them and examined to try to determine which one would work the best. "What are we doing here?" Tylor asked.