Episode 39: Confessing to Parents Part 2

After dinner, they had cookies and talked more about their relationship. 

"You've been spoiling our Tylor a lot, haven't you?" Bernard asked.

"Guilty as charged," Sulley chuckled. 

"Do your parents know about this...?" Millie asked cautiously. 

"Not yet..." Sulley said. "I do want to tell them, but I'm afraid that it's not gonna end well."

"Have you met them, Tylor?" Bernard asked. 

"Yes, I have," Tylor answered. 

"I mean, my parents love him too," Sulley said. "We're still afraid of what is going to happen when we confess that we are in a relationship." 

"We're afraid that they're going to react the opposite from you guys," Tylor said. 

Millie and Bernard looked at each other for a moment before they gave out the advice. "Something coming from a mother," Millie said. "No real parents are going to kick their children out or abandon them just for loving the same gender. I mean, there are times when that happens, but I refuse to believe that they are their parents. Parents do not necessarily mean that their children are related by blood, it's how much they love their children despite that they might be different from them."

"That is exactly right," Bernard said. "Yeah, it is true that it will take time for parents to understand their children's differences, but real parents will love you no matter what and they will not think about abandoning their child." 

"I hope so," Sulley said. 

"It'll be okay," Bernard said. "We can be your family if your family doesn't accept you for who you are." 

Sulley chuckled to relieve his concern. "But I'm more worried about Tylor," Sulley said. 

"Is that so?" Millie asked.

"Yeah," Sulley said. "I just hope that they don't anything bad to him when they realize that he is my boyfriend." 

"Wow, you love our son very much, don't you?" Bernard asked. 

"He is the first monster I've ever fallen in genuine love with," Sulley said as he looked at Tylor, who also looked at him back mellowly. "I don't want anything or anyone to take him away from me." Sulley smiled at him back as they both held hands. 

Millie and Bernard looked at them lovingly. 

"Hey, Sulley?" Tylor said. 

"Hm?" Sulley responded.

"I'm ready to talk to your parents," Tylor said. 

"Wha- really?" Sulley asked with his eyes wide open. 

"Yes," Tylor confirmed. 

"Are you sure?" Sulley asked in concern. 

"Yes," Tylor said. "Are you ready to tell your parents that... we're in a relationship...?" Tylor also wanted to make sure that Sulley was also ready since it was HIS parents who need to know.

"...Yes," Sulley confirmed. 

"Have you met their parents before?" Bernard asked. 

"You just asked him that a few moments ago," Millie said. 

"Did I?" Bernard asked. 

"It's okay," Tylor said. "The news might have sounded a bit shocking."

"It shouldn't be shocking anymore," Bernard said as he had no excuse for that.