Chapter 16

Hey everyone! I know it's been a very long while and I'm extremely sorry!

Writers block + School + Life = Procrastination and no updates

But I just pushed this upcoming chapter out so I hope you like it! Please read the note at the end.

Finn's POV (still)       

    James and I trudged down to the party, my thoughts still on Josephine.

            “What were you talking about outside that caused her to flee?” James asked me as we approached the ballroom.

            “We were in the garden and I started asking about her personal life. She really waited all those years for me, just like she said she would and I completely forgot about the promise I made her,” I told him just as we entered the ballroom. I split off from him and went to the bar. I drank a little and then danced a little and then drank a lot more. Soon I fell asleep in my own room, on the floor.

            I woke up with a massive headache and an aching back. I sat up and looked around. My first thought was Jo. I needed to talk to her. I got up, changed into jeans and a T-shirt, and then left my room. I hurried to Jo’s room and knocked. No one answered. I slowly opened the door to reveal Peter and Jo curled up together, asleep. Peter slowly opened his eyes and looked down at Josephine. He smiled softly at her and then sighed.

            “Peter?” I asked looking at him. He looked up at me, surprised. “Why are you in here?” I asked, anger and jealously lacing my words.

            “I slept here,” he replied hesitantly.

            “Dude, I told you how I felt about her!” I growled angrily.

            “Wow! It wasn’t like that. We were watching movies. I fell asleep. Nothing happened,” he replied defensively.

            “Good,” I spit out. “Was she really upset?” I asked.

            “I think so. We didn’t talk about you,” Peter said moving around on the bed.

            “Oh,” I replied sadly.

            “You should probably go before she wakes up. She probably doesn’t want to see you right now,” Peter said shifting again.

            “Right, just tell her… tell her I’m sorry,” I sighed looking at her sleeping form. He nodded and I slowly left the room. I walked back to my room sadly and jumped in the shower. As I showered I thought about this week. I was ready to get married before this week and then Jo comes. She’s flipped my world upside down and made me doubt everything about this week. She’s always had that effect on me. Whenever we were together when we were little she had me and James wrapped around her little finger and she was totally oblivious to it. I didn’t even know she was coming. It was good to see her but from the moment I recognized her I knew she was gonna get me wrapped around that finger again.

            I turned off the shower and grabbed the towel. After drying off and getting dressed I went to Jo’s room again. I wanted talk things out.

            “Jojo,” I said knocking on her door lightly

            “Yes Finn?” she asked reluctantly throwing open the door.

            “Can we talk about last night?” I asked as she moved around the room.

            “I suppose it’s inevitable,” she muttered, sighing.