Chapter 2

Alright peeps! chapter 2 is up! I think i should start giving them names because their not really chapters. Anywho... Tell me what you guys think! Vote, Comment, and please keep reading!

When we pulled up in front of the castle I became nervous. My mom just smiled at me and handed the keys to the valet. I got out and grabbed the bags before the car drove away.

“Ma’am, I’ll take your bags,” someone said from behind me.

“Um, okay,” I nodded. “These are mine and these are my mothers,” I said sectioning them into two piles. The man nodded and snapped his fingers. Two bellboys came and took the two piles and hurried into the palace.

“Follow me ladies,” the man said gesturing for us to follow. I looked at my mom and she smiled excitedly. We were led up the stairs and in through the grand double doors.

“Pat! Is that you!?” someone said excitedly to our left. Before I could turn my head my mother let out a squeal of excitement and quickly went over to an elegant looking woman who was grinning as though she had just won the bloody lotto. “Josie! My how you’ve grown,” the woman smiled looking at me.

“Josephine this is Queen Rachel, you remember her right?” my mother said giving me a pleading look. She didn’t want me to embarrass her. Thank you for the faith mother.

“Your Majesty,” I said bowing my head and curtseying.

 “Oh Pat we have so much to catch up on, Josephine, the butler will take you to your room, feel free to explore,” the queen said leading my mother away, leaving me standing in the foyer looking completely out of place. I saw the butler heading towards me and I smiled. He looked like a nice bloke.

“Miss, um,” he said looking uncomfortable.

“Please, just call me Jo, nothing formal,” I said smiling.

“As you wish… Jo,” the butler said with a smile.

“And you are?” I asked.

“Peter,” he grinned.

“Well Peter, can you show me the room I’m staying in?” I asked.

“Of course,” he nodded. “Follow me Jo,” he said and led me up the stairs. After many different twists and turns we arrived at another pair of double doors. “Here’s your room,” He said showing me my new room. Or should I say suite.

“This is bigger than my loft!” I claimed looking around. Peter chuckled and nodded in understanding. My bags were at the foot of the bed all in a neat pile. “Peter, would you mind taking me on a tour of the castle?” I asked.

“Sure,” he nodded. We left my room and he took me on the tour of the interior of the castle. “Would you like to see a tour of the grounds?” he asked once we finished the tour.

“I would love to,” I nodded. Peter led me out a side door and we were hit with the blinding light of the sun. “Are we just going to walk around or is there a golf cart somewhere around here?” I asked as we began our walk.

“We’re going to the stables to get some horses to ride,” Peter explained with a chuckle.

“Oh,” I replied, a smile spreading across my face. I loved riding but hadn’t done it in years. We approached the stables and slipped through the half closed door. Twelve horses filled the stables, all beautiful, and probably all purebred. “They’re gorgeous,” I muttered walking slowly through the barn.

One horse in particular stood out to me. It was a beautiful black Akhal-Teke breed. As I approached it, it got up on its back legs and backed away. It snorted as it’s hoofs touched the ground and Peter ran over to me.

“Careful, that’s Viper. He won’t let anyone within ten feet of him. We just got him. The prince was planning on breaking him in this weekend.” Peter said.

“Got it,” I nodded. Peter left me and went back to what he was doing which was getting the saddles. I slowly moved closer to Viper, holding out a hand so he knew I wasn’t trying to hurt him. As I reached the gate to his pen he snorted and backed up. I held out my hand and stood still letting him make the next move. After a few seconds of analyzing me he slowly moved forward until his snout was under my palm. I caressed his head and he eventually moved closer to me.

“So have you chosen-“ Peter started and then froze. I looked over at him to see him gawking at me and Viper. “How?” he stuttered watching as I interacted with the beautiful steed.

“He just likes me,” I replied casually as I slowly bet the beautiful animal. Carefully I eased open the pen an entered it with caution.

“Jo…” Peter whispered warningly.

“Give me a saddle,” I said without taking my eyes off the horse.

I kept Viper’s eyes trained on my while Peter approached and gave me the saddle. I eased the saddle onto Viper’s back and strapped it tightly. Viper made some noises in protest but eventually calmed down and didn’t object. The whole time Peter just watched me in awe. I slowly moved my way up to the front to check the reins. This was going to be the hard part, I was in a position where Viper could easily bite me. I quickly checked them and then backed up.

“Jo,” Peter said again.

“Apple. You got an apple on you?” I asked Peter petting Viper on the nose.

“Yeah, here,” Peter said handing me a shiny red apple.

“Here you go Viper,” I whispered feeding the steed the apple. He chowed down on it and then nudged my shoulder. “Let’s do this,” I whispered to Viper grabbing his reins. I pushed open the pen doors and walked out with Viper following. “I’ll meet you outside,” I told Peter and went out. I slowly and carefully mounted Viper. I pet him the whole time so he would stay calm.

A minute later Peter came out with a Pinto following on the reins. He mounted his horse and then looked at me.

“Ready?” Peter asked looking uncertainly at Viper.

“Yeah,” I smiled. I kicked my heels into Viper and he took of galloping. “Wow,” I said pulling back on the reins.

“Jo are you ok?” Peter said stopping his horse right next to Viper.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “Let’s begin that tour,” I smiled.

“You got it,” Peter nodded and then began pointing out different things on the grounds.