Chapter 3

Hey Friends! What did you think of Peter? Jo? Tell me in the comments! Here's 3 for you and I hope you enjoy it! Tell me what you think!

“I still can’t believe you could tame Viper,” Peter said as we exited the stables.

“I told you, he just likes me,” I smirked.

“Yeah, but that was just amazing, he wouldn’t let anyone near him and you just walked up and saddled him up,” Peter chuckled.

“I’m just that awes-“ I said as I ran into something hard. I looked up just as he turned around. It was him. It was Finn.

            “Excuse you,” he said glaring down at me. What?

            “What?” I asked.

            “Wow, the lack of manners continues. Peter what is this commoner doing here? Escort her out immediately,” he said glaring.

            “I’ll have you know-“ I started poking his chest.

            “Josephine!” my mother called interrupting me. Finn’s eyes lit up at the calling of my name and he looked around.

            “Jo,” he muttered looking around trying to find his childhood friend.

            “Josephine!” my mother called again impatiently.

            “Yes mother?” I called back keeping my eyes trained on Finn. He spun around and stared at me wide eyed.

            “Jojo?” He asked in a whisper.

            “No, I’m just some impolite commoner. I’ll get out of your way,” I said angrily as I shoved past him. “Coming mother,” I said and then looked back at Finn and Peter. “I’ll see you later Peter, thanks for the tour,” I smiled and then turned to Finn. “Your highness,” I said sarcastically and bowed.

            “Jo,” Finn muttered. I turned on my heel and walked down the stairs to where my mother was waiting.

            “The queen says that when you go out you can just charge the expenses to the palace they will take care of it,” my mother said. “Here’s the credit card you’ll use, the pin is 9987.”

            “Thanks mom,” I smiled. “And thank you your highness,” I said bowing to Queen Rachel.

            “Oh please, none of that Highness stuff with me, call me Rachel darling,” the queen said laughing. “And you’re welcome, it’s the least I could do for old friends,” she smiled. “There’s a ball tonight welcoming everyone so you should probably go out and get a dress,” she told me.

            “Yeah, um I’ll go do that,” I nodded.

            “Peter will you escort Josephine?” the queen asked him as he and Finn walked down the stairs.

            “I’ll do it,” Finn offered.

            “Oh wonderful,” the queen smiled.

            “I’d prefer if Peter did,” I said to the queen.

            “Very well, Finn you need to go prep for tonight and Peter, you will go with Josephine,” The queen declared.

            “But-“ Finn started.

            “Great, come on Peter,” I smiled. Peter came over to join me as my mother and Rachel went back into a room to talk.

            “Jo,” Finn tried again.

            “I’ll see you later your highness,” I said and then grabbed Peter’s arm as I walked away.

            “So what’s the story with you and the prince?” Peter asked once we got into the car we were using.

            “We were childhood friends. Best friends. When the king died Finn and his family were next in line so they moved to the kingdom. The last time I saw him he promised that he would find me and marry me when we were older. That was ten years ago. I never saw him in person after that. I was him on the new and in magazines but never in person. I didn’t even know my mom and the queen stayed in touch. I just found out about the engagement and coming here this morning,” I told him.

            “He promised to marry you?” Peter asked as he drove.

            “Yeah,” I nodded a small smile playing on my lips.

            “How old were you two?” Peter asked.

            “It was ten years ago. I was fifteen and he was almost sixteen.”

            “You’re twenty five?” Peter asked.

            “Uh yeah, why?” I asked.

            “I thought you were younger. I thought you were like twenty one,” Peter laughed.

            “How old are you?” I asked.

            “Twenty seven,” Peter replied.

            “And I thought I was old,” I chuckled.

            “I’m two years older. That’s not that much older,” Peter laughed.

            “Mm-hmm whatever makes you happy,” I smiled.

            “So why did the prince make that promise?”  Peter asked.

            “Because we’d fallen in love,” I whispered. “Or at least I had. I gave myself to him the night before he left,” I muttered looking down at my hands.

            “You did?” Peter asked.

            “Yeah,” I nodded.

            “But you were only fifteen,” Peter gasped.

            “I know. And I don’t regret making that choice. When I found out he was getting married I was crushed but if he’s happy with her then I’m glad,” I shrugged.

            “You still love him?” Peter asked.

            “I don’t know anymore,” I sighed, “I honestly don’t know.”

            “Here we are,” Peter said pulling up to the shopping center.

            “Are you ready for sitting around giving your opinion on dresses?” I asked him.

            “Sure,” Peter nodded.

            “Good,” I smiled and then hopped out of the car. We entered the shopping center and I brought him to the first store. It was a bridal store but had other dresses as well.

            “Hey Peter?” I asked as I grabbed another dress to add to my pile.

            “Yeah?” He asked following me.

            “Why is Finn getting the throne? What about James?” I asked.

            “James married a princess in a different country so he rules that kingdom because she was an only child and Finn wanted this throne,” Peter explained. “He should be arriving at the palace soon, he and his wife are flying in for the week,” Peter explained.

            “Yay, I can’t wait to see him,” I smiled. I missed James. We weren’t as close as Finn and I were but we were still close. “Ok I think I should try some of these on,” I said looking down at all the dresses in my arms.