Chapter 22

Hello lovelies! It hasn't been that long since I updated but I could have gotten this out a lot sooner. Two weeks ago one of my classmates died in a car crash so the past couple weeks have been kind of hectic. I also had finals week, so that was fun but enough excuses. Chapter 22 Everyone!

Recap: "You have a good day Ms. Garner," the guard smiled opening the gate. I don't think this day is going to be anywhere close to good. As I walked to the front doors I became more and more anxious and began to dread the day even more. Finn was getting married today, and it wasn't to me. I stopped at the front door and caught my breath. Now it's time to face the day.

I pushed open the doors and slipped inside just to be greeted by a familiar voice shouting "Jo!"

Chapter 22:

            I spun around to see Finn running up to me. "Good morning Your Highness," I said bowing my head slightly.

"Are you okay?" he asked looking at me.

"I'm fine," I replied bluntly.

"Why didn't you come back here last night?" he asked.

"I was tired and I didn't want to," I replied.

"Where did you stay?" he questioned.

"Really, who are you? My dad?" I asked rolling my eyes. "Now if you'll excuse me I have to go get ready for your god damn wedding," I snapped angrily. I pushed past him and hurried up to my room, fuming.

My mother stepped out of her room and saw me as I passed by her door. "Josephine!" she cried out grabbing me into a hug.

"Good morning mother," I said hugging her back.

"What happened last night? You didn't tell me that much," she asked pulling out of the hug and touching my face to check if I was hurt.

"One of the stove tops was still on and Tony accidentally left a towel on it and it caught fire and eventually so did the rest of the café. The whole thing was burned down. Tony's fine. I talked to the insurance company and I have to fill out a thing on line so they can come down and assess the damage and see if they'll pay for it," I relayed to my mom.

"Oh honey I'm glad Tony's okay," my mom sighed.

"How was the rehearsal dinner?" I asked reluctantly.

"It was nice. Everyone was wondering where you and Finn were until Finn ran in and let us know what happened. We talked about it for a bit, everyone was quite sorry and worried about you," my mom informed me.

"Oh," I nodded. "I'm going to go shower again. I still smell like smoke," I said beginning to walk away.

"You go do that. Remember the wedding is at five but you need to be ready by four. So go hurry and get ready, you have about three hours," my mom said nudging me along. I nodded and continued on my way to my room hopefully avoiding anyone who knows. I got to my room and slipped in my room and leaned against the door with my eyes closed.

"Hey you," a voice said from in front of me. I jumped and opened my eyes.

"Damn it Peter you scared me," I said clutching my chest and breathing heavily.

"Sorry," he chuckled. "How are you doing? I heard what happened," he said getting off my bed where he'd be sitting and coming over to me.