Chapter 12

Alright my wonderful people I jsut cruched out another part for my readers because i love you all so very much. It's not the best but i hope you like it!

            “I beg your pardon?”

            “I mean you’re the other woman Finn’s loved. Not some mistress. He told me I wasn’t the first woman he loved,” Ella said sitting on the bench. “I do love him. This isn’t just some play for the throne or his money.”

            “I never said it was,” I said sitting with her. “I’m sorry if I put a wedge in your relationship,” I said.

            “You must hate me,” Ella said.

            “No, I don’t. You’re too nice to hate. I’m glad you love Finn and I can see you make him happy,” I said.

            “Not as happy as you make him though. I saw you two dancing. He cares about you,” Ella said.

            “We were best friends once upon a time,” I said with a small smile.

            “You two were more than just friends. I heard a lot of the conversation,” Ella replied.

            “I’m sorry,” I sighed.

            “It’s ok, it’s hard not to love him. I just hope you don’t hate me and that maybe we can become friends,” Ella said.

            “Like I told Finn, I’m glad you two make each other happy. That’s all I’ve ever wanted for him. However that does not make this any easier for me. In different circumstances I bet we could be very good friends but I care about Finn a lot and it’ll just be hard for me,” I explained.

            “That’s ok. I understand,” Ella nodded.

            “I’m sorry,” I apologized again.

            “It’s not your fault,” She shrugged. Suddenly she hugged me. “Thank you for understanding that I do love him and thank you for not trying to ruin our marriage,” she said.

            “No problem,” I said hugging her back. “Do you mind leaving me alone? I just need some time to compose myself.”

            “Of course, I hope you come back and enjoy the party,” Ella said standing. I nodded and watched her go inside and close the door. Once I was sure it wasn’t going to open anymore I dropped my head into my hands and began to cry.

            “Jo,” I heard someone say from behind me.

            “Go away James, I just need to be alone right now,” I said wiping the tears away as another round began to fall.

            “Josephine, what happened?” he asked coming and sitting down next to me.

            “James you should go back and enjoy the party,” I muttered wiping my eyes again.

            “Not until you tell me what’s wrong,” he said wrapping his arms around me and soothingly rubbed my back.

            “I just had a conversation with Finn and then one with Ella. I admitted I was still in love with him… they both heard it. And then I tried to let Ella down easily about being friends with each other. That was fun,” I sighed.

            “I’m sorry Jojo,” James sighed holding me.

            “It’s fine. I knew it would be hard coming and seeing him after so long and I knew he was engaged and I knew that there was a chance I would still be in love with him. I knew it would all happen. There’s no one to blame but myself,” I said wiping my eyes one more time before standing. “How’s my makeup?” I asked.