Chapter 9

“Finn came in,” I murmured into his neck.

            “What did he say?” Peter asked.

            “We talked about last night and then he kissed me,” I whispered.

            “He what?” Peter asked tightening his hold on me. He slowly rocked me back and forth while drawing circles on my back.

            “He kissed me and then I told him to leave me alone,” I said into Peter’s chest.

            “I’m sorry Jo,” he muttered into my hair. “Come on; let’s get you cleaned up so we can get out of here for a few hours,” Peter said helping me up. I nodded and went into the bathroom. I cleaned off my face and then joined Peter in my room.

            “Let’s go shopping,” I said putting on a smile.

            “Let’s,” Peter said smiling back and offering me the crook of his arm. My fake smile turned genuine and in that moment I forgot I was heartbroken. I got on my tippy toes and kissed Peter’s cheek.

            “Thank you,” I said.

            “For?” Peter asked.

            “Being there for me even though you just met me,” I explained.

            “It’s my pleasure,” he replied kissing my cheek in return. We made it down to the garage and then came across an issue. When we entered the garage Finn was there greeting a beautiful woman with a hug. They hadn’t noticed us yet so I just stood there staring while Peter grabbed my hand. Just as they went in for a kiss the door behind me slammed shut making all of us jump. I looked down at my feet knowing both Finn’s and the beautiful woman’s eyes were on me. Peter slowly slipped his hand into mine and gave it a light squeeze for reassurance.

            “Peter!” the woman squealed excitedly.

            “Ella, what a surprise, I thought you weren’t arriving until tomorrow,” Peter replied. I heard high heels clicking and then a figure appeared in front of us. I let go of Peter as ‘Ella’ gave him a hug. “Ella this is Josephine an old friend of the family. Jo this is Finn’s fiancée Ella,” Peter said nudging me.

            I put on a smile and looked up “It’s a pleasure to meet you,” I said.

            “You too,” she nodded.

            “Well we should get going. It was great to see you Ella we’ll catch up later,” Peter said quickly.

            “Oh ok where are you going?” she asked.

            “I need a dress for tonight,” I answered.

            “Oh, have fun,” Ella smiled.

            “Thanks,” I smiled back. She was perfect. And that killed me. I walked past her to the key holder and grabbed a key. I clicked the unblock button and a yellow Camero flashed. As I passed Finn he touched my hand.

            “Jo,” he whispered looking at me.

            “Good morning your highness, I trust you slept well?” I said politely putting on a poker face.

            “What?” he asked.

            “Come on Jo,” Peter said pushing me slightly.

            “Right, see you later. Ella it was lovely to meet you. Finn,” I said smiling at Ella and then nodding to Finn. I opened the car door and slid into the driver’s seat and waited for Peter to say goodbye.

            “Jo,” Finn said coming towards the car. Peter hurriedly got in and I shut my door as Finn got to it. He looked at my pleadingly when we made eye contact and another pain shot through me. I broke the connection I and started the engine. Peter hit the garage opener in the car and one it was open we were out of there.

            “Jojo,” Peter said as I drove.          

            “She’s perfect. She’s polite, gorgeous, and nice. It is really hard not to like her,” I said with a sigh. “Does she make him happy?” I asked glancing at Peter. “Be honest.”

            “Yes,” Peter sighed.

            “Good,” I said letting a smile flint across my lips. “How long have they known each other?”

            “Around five years. They dated for two years and then last year he proposed,” Peter informed me.

            “He looks so in love,” I said letting go of the steering wheel with one hand to push my hair out of my face.

            “Jo, just stop thinking about that please. It’s just hurting you,” Peter sighed as we pulled up to the mall.

              “You’re right. We have all day to find six dresses and some shoes,” I nodded.

SOOOOOO..... What did you think?? Pleas Comment, Vote, and Keep reading! I love feedback and i want to know what you want me to do next!

Love Mia!