Chapter 15

Alright lovely people I know it's been a while I hope you love this chapter just for all of you! Read the note at the bottom too please!

“So your friend Lyra seems nice,” James said as we drove back to the palace an hour later.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “We met in college and since then we’ve become like sisters,” I told him. It was true. Freshman year of college me and Lyra were in the same English class and she asked me for a pen and when she saw my case was Doctor Who we began talking about it and we just clicked. Ever since then we’ve only grown closer. We got an apartment together our sophomore year of college and once we graduated she kept the apartment after I found a really nice one close to where I wanted to open my café.

“You never mentioned us to her?” he asked.

“No. I was upset with both of you and I didn’t want her to know about my heartbreaking past,” I told him.

“I’m sorry for everything we’ve done to you,” he said.

“Well now I know that I wasn’t exactly your fault I have no right to blame you and I understand why your mom did what she did so I can’t exactly blame her either,” I responded smiling at him. We got back to the palace and headed inside.

“Thanks for coming out to lunch with me,” James said as we walked up the stairs.

“No problem, thanks for inviting me, it was great to spend some time with you and catch up,” I replied. We got to my door and he kissed my cheek. “I’ll see you at the birthday party,” I said smiling at him.

“Alright,” he nodded. I went inside and saw that my room was empty. I guess Finn and Peter took their argument elsewhere.

Finn’s POV

Three Days Ago…

I was on my way to my room when I got a text. I stopped and looked down at my phone. Suddenly someone ran into me and I pitched slightly forward. I turned around and came face to face with a beautiful woman. She took a sharp breath in as she met my eyes. There was something strangely familiar about her.

“Excuse you,” I said glaring down at her. She was gorgeous but I was still the prince.

“What?” she snapped back.

“Wow, the lack of manners continues,” I said and then looked at Peter. “Peter what is this commoner doing here? Escort her out immediately,” I said.

“I’ll have you know-“ she began as she poked my chest.

“Josephine!” A woman called from the foyer. I instantly began to look around trying to find her.

“Jo,” I whispered. Her name brought back so many memories.

“Josephine!” the woman called again.

“Yes mother?” the girl in front of me replied. I turned and stared t the girl with wide eyes.

“Jojo?” I asked softly.

“No, I’m just some impolite commoner. I’ll get out of your way,” she angrily replied pushing past me. I looked over at Peter to see him shrugging. “Coming mother,” Jo said. She turned around and I took in her appearance. She looked even more grown up than before. Puberty was good to her. “I’ll see you later Peter, thanks for the tour,” she said smiling at him. I couldn’t help but feel jealous. She had yet to smile at me. I watched as she turned to look at me, the smile on her lips fading. “Your highness,” she said with a sarcastic bow.

“Jo,” I said sadly. She turned away from me and went down to the stairs to where the woman, her mother, was waiting. I turned and looked at Peter. “So you met Jo,” I said softly.