Chapter 19

Hey Hey Hey! Wow two updates in just a little more than a week! I feel very accomplished. So my life has been super hectic and is about to get even more hectic which isn't going to be fun but I'm going to try and stay updated, please be patient with me and just bear with me... We should just all be bears together... Sorry, I had to.

Without any further ado... Chapter 19!!!!

"So where is Tony?" I asked turning to the officer again.

"He's right this way ma'am," the officer said leading me towards the ambulance. After a few steps I saw Tony laying on a stretcher with a oxygen mask on his face.

"Tony," I said quickly rushing over to him.

"Josie," he said taking the mask off.

"Sir," the paramedic objected seeing Tony take off the mask.

"How bad is it?" I asked Tony.

"It's pretty bad, did you not see it yet?" he asked.

"I went straight to you," I told him.

"Go see Jo," Tony said. "But be prepared, it's bad."

"Okay," I sighed moving away. I went past the ambulance and saw the wreck. Everything was charred and half the roof was collapsed. "Oh god," I choked out beginning to cry. I fell to my knees and stared at the destroyed building.

"Miss," a voice said before someone bent down in front of me. "Miss are you okay?" he asked.

"How am I going to pay for this? Oh god," I muttered to myself.

"Can I get a paramedic over here!" the man in front of me shouted. Someone helped me up before I kinda collapsed against them.

"Ma'am I need you to talk to me, are you okay?" the man asked me as someone held me upright.

"Am I... Am I alright? That's my bakery... that's my life, no I'm not okay!" I screamed at him.

"Ma'am you're very upset right now, I know. Please take some deep breaths and let us help you," the man said holding my face and looking me in the eyes. I gulped back some tears and nodded. I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, maintaining eye contact with the man.

"My friend, he was in the building, he's in the ambulance, can you take me to him?" I asked. "I don't trust myself to walk." The man in front of me nodded and took me out of the arms of the other person.

"I'm Kyle by the way," he said helping me to the ambulance.

"Josephine," I murmured softly.

"Josie!" Tony cried out seeing the state I was in.

"It's horrible," I said softly as I leaned against him. "It's ruined. How am I going to get this back up and running? That was three years worth of work and time that I put into building it up," I rambled.

"Hey, your insurance will cover it, and we'll deal with it in the morning," Tony said looking at me.

"Okay," I nodded. "Do you have my keys?" I asked.

"Yeah," Tony nodded, "of course. You put me in charge of one of your spares."

"Good. Can I have it, I'm gonna see if one of the officers can drive me home," I said looking down. My dress was covered in ash and some gravel from when I fell and I did not want to show up back at the palace dressed like that.

"Once I get the all clear I can drive you," Tony told me.

"Okay," I nodded giving him a flash of a smile. "I'm gonna go see if I can get some information on what happened," I told Tony touching his shoulder.

"Need me to walk you to the firemen?" Kyle asked.

"I think I'll be okay," I said moving away from both men. Alone I walked to one of the firemen as he was taking off his oxygen mask.

"Can I help you?" he asked seeing me.

"Yeah, that's my bakery. I was wondering what the main cause was, or do you not know yet?" I asked.

"One of the burners was still on and there is what looked to be a towel next to it. It was close enough to catch fire and then it was just a chain of events. It was an accident." He told me.

"Okay, and will insurance pay for it?" I asked glancing over for my charred coffee shop.

"Hopefully. You're going to have to make a claim and have them come down and check it out but I'm almost certain they will," the fireman told me.

"Okay," I nodded.

"Anything else I can help you with?" he asked.

"No, thank you though," I said glancing again at the coffee shop. I walked away from the fireman and back to Tony, who was still laying in the stretcher.

"So what did the firemen have to say?" Tony asked.

"You left one of the burners on and left a towel next to it. It wasn't the cakes at all," I informed him.

"I'm so sorry Jo," Tony sighed.

"Tony it was an accident, please don't blame yourself," I begged him.

"For you, anything," he nodded smiling slightly. "Hey, paramedic guy. Can I leave yet?" He asked waving is hands a little frantically.

"Yes you should be good, however; I want you to come by the hospital tomorrow for a follow up do you understand?" The paramedic said glancing up at him.

"Yes sir!" Tony mock saluted getting off the stretcher. I moved quickly towards him and slung his arm over my shoulder just in case he was a little wobbly. "I'm fine sweetie," Tony said chuckling at my action.

"Actually it's better if he doesn't drive for the night," the paramedic said looking at me.

"I wasn't planning on letting him drive anyways," I informed him with a smile.

"Okay, good," the paramedic nodded.

"Come on Tony, we're having a sleepover," I told him as we walked to his car.

"Oh goodie," he laughed.

So...? My poor baby! I felt so bad burning down the bakery... I needed some kind of conflict but I do have a plan. Please my lovely readers tell me who you are. Don't be ghost readers tell me who you are please so I can dedicate some chapters to you!

Btw Tony at the top :)

I love you all!

-Mia