Chapter 4

Hellooo my lovelies! How are all of you? So what did you think of Finn? Let me know! Kepp on Voting. Reading, and commenting!

“What do you think about this one?” I asked stepping out for the fifteenth time and looking at Peter. Peter sat there looking at me in pure awe.

            “You look fantastic,” Peter said standing up and walking over to me. He walked around me looking me up and down. I was in a beautiful baby blue strapless dress. There was slit up the left side, ending mid thigh. “That’s the dress,” Peter nodded.

            “Great, now we can get out of here,” I smiled going back into the dressing room.

            “Don’t girls want to stay out and shop?” Peter asked.

            “You’re right,” I nodded changing out of the dress. “Come along,” I said coming out with all the dresses. I put them on the hanger in the changing rooms and then took the chosen dress out to the front of the store.

            “Where to now?” Peter asked.

            “Well what time is the ball?” I asked.

            “It starts at six,” Peter said.

            “And what time is it now?” I asked.

            “3:25,” Peter replied glancing down at his watch.

            “We should probably head home then. It’ll take us like half an hour to get back and I have to get dressed and ready,” I said thinking about how long it would take.

            “Ok,” Peter nodded.

            “Don’t worry, we’ll go again tomorrow,” I told him pinching his cheek. He slapped my hand away smirking and I laughed.

            “Come on,” he sighed grabbing my arm and leading me through the center.

            “I am capable of walking by myself,” I said yanking my arm away only to fall straight on my butt.

            “Yeah, sure you can,” He laughed helping me up.

            “Shut up and walk,” I instructed. He chuckled and we walked to the car. “So are you going to the ball tonight?” I asked.

            “Yeah,” He nodded.

            “Why does the prince know your name? He’s stuck up and doesn’t seem like he could be bothered,” I said looking over at Peter.

            “I’m his best friend. When he first moved to the castle I was a rookie butler. We were close in age so we just clicked. We’ve been best friends ever since,” Peter replied.

            “So you were the one who replaced me,” I said fake glaring at him.

            “Sorry,” He shrugged laughing.

            “Did he ever, mention me?” I asked.

            “For the first few months he told me everything there was to know about you. After that you weren’t really mentioned,” Peter answered.

            “Oh,” I nodded. “If he talked about me so much why did you ask me all those questions?”

            “I didn’t realize you were the Jo until you told me. You were last mentioned ten years ago,” he replied.

            “Oh, got it,” I nodded. The rest of the drive was filled with silence other then the radio playing softly in the background.

            “Jo,” Peter said nudging me. I opened my eyes and looked around. “Were back at the palace,” he said. “You fell asleep,” He explained.

            “Oh, thanks,” I nodded unbuckling and getting out. I grabbed the bag with the dress in it and then looked at Peter. “Let’s go,” I said and then we walked into the palace.

As I was walking across the foyer I saw two familiar people. Finn and James were walking towards me in deep conversation.

            “James!” I screamed excitedly. Both boys looked up a smile stretching across each of their faces.

            “Jojo!” James shouted opening his arms. I dropped my bag and ran towards him full speed. When I was close enough I launched myself into his arms causing him to fall back. We landed in a heap with me on top. “Oof,” he said shaking the hair out of his eyes.

            “Sorry,” I smiled getting off of him.

            “You’re a little bigger than the last time I saw you,” He laughed as I helped him up only to wrap my arms around him again. He picked me up and spun me.

            “Are you calling me fat?” I asked when he set me down again.

            “Of course not,” James chuckled. “You look a lot different from the last time I saw you.”

            “And you look exactly the same,” I replied.

            “Hi Jojo,” I heard Finn mutter.

            “Your majesty,” I said my voice laced with poison. “I’ll talk to you later James I have to go get ready,” I said and went to grab my bag.

            “Ooo what’s in there?” James asked grabbing the bag.

            “Give it back James!” I said like a whiny child.

            “Just tell me what it is and I will,” he bargained.

            “It’s my dress for tonight,” I replied snatching the bag.

            “Can I see it?” he asked.

            “In a few hours at the dance yes,” I said. “Bye,” I said jumping up and kissing his cheek. I hurried up the stairs and found my way back to my bedroom. I took out the dress, put it on a hanger, and hung it in the closet until I was ready.