Chapter 6

“Finn,” I replied.

            “Can we talk?” he asked.

            “Isn’t that what we’re doing?” I asked. He chuckled and sat on the bench next to me. “So,” I said looking at the roses.

            “How’ve you been?” he asked.

            “Good I guess,” I shrugged. “And you?”

            “Pretty good,” he nodded. “Are you seeing someone?”

            “No,” I said. “I was waiting for someone but it’s not gonna happen,” I replied.

            “Oh,” Finn nodded. “What happened?”

            “He moved away,” I replied. Was he really that stupid? Did he really not know it was him?

            “So why isn’t it gonna happen?” Finn pried.

            “He’s getting married,” I said glancing at him.

            “Really?” Finn asked.

            “Yeah,” I nodded.

            “Who was he?” he asked.

            “You,” I replied looking up at him.

            “Me?” Finn asked.

            “Yeah. I waited. Just like I said I would. I waited for any word from you. I waited for you to come back. I waited for you to fulfill your promise. That’s why I was giving you the cold shoulder,” I said standing up.

            “Promise?” Finn asked standing as well.

            “The day you left you told me you would be back and that you would marry me,” I said. “Then you just disappeared. No calls, texts, letters, emails, nothing,” I whispered. “But please, don’t feel guilty. If you’re happy with your fiancé I’m glad. I wouldn’t ask for anything more,” I said touching his arm. “Congratulations Finn,” I whispered and then kissed his cheek. I turned and walked quickly back into the ballroom. I looked up at the big clock. It was already ten. I weaved my ay thought the many faces until I bumped into someone. It was Peter. He turned and saw me with tears in my eyes and touched my arm.

            “Josephine?” He said looking at me.

            “I’m not really in a party mood anymore. I’m gonna be in my room,” I said moving out of his grasp.

            “I’ll come with you,” Peter said.

            “No, I need you to distract Finn he might come after me,” I said.

            “You were with Finn?” Peter asked.

            “Please Peter,” I said glancing over my shoulder. I saw Finn and James both looking for me but in different spots.

            “Go,” he said moving aside. I pushed through the people until I reached the door.

            “Jo!” I heard James and Finn shout seeing me. I took off my heels, picked them up, and then ran up the stairs and to my room. I locked the door and leaned against the door. I heard pounding footsteps approach the door and then there were several hands pounding on the door.

            “Jojo!” Finn said still pounding on the door. “Please let us in,” he said trying the door knob.

            “What happened?” James asked.

            “We were talking-“ Finn started.

            “What did you say?” James growled.

            “Nothing! I didn’t say anything I swear,” Finn said.

            “Go away! Both of you!” I shouted.

            “Jo,” Peter’s voice said against the door.

            “Peter?” I asked.

            “Open up,” He said. I stood and opened the door just a bit to look at the three men. Peter was closest so I reached out and grabbed his arm and hauled him inside. I slammed the door shut and locked it again.

            “Go back to the party you two,” I said to the boys.

            “Fine,” Finn and James finally muttered. I few seconds later I heard them shuffling away.

Awwww :/ Stupid Finn. I'm not a big fan of him but i still feel bad for him. What do you guys think? What do you guys think of James?  Read, Comment, and Vote pretty please with a cherry on top!