Chapter 10

Sorry for the dark picture but that's the dress on the side

            Five hours later I had 6 dresses 9 pairs of shoes and a whining Peter.

            “Can we go now?!” Peter asked as I paid for the last dress.

            “Oh my god Peter please shut up,” I growled. The woman behind the register laughed when she saw Peter give an upset look. “I’ll buy you lunch if you stop whining,” I offered.

            “Deal,” he agreed quickly. I rolled my eyes and handed the woman the queen’s credit card. I typed in the pin and eventually she gave back the card. I took it and Peter practically bolted out of the boutique.

            “Ugh,” I groaned. I followed him out and we went to the food court. “What do you want?” I asked.

            “Food,” he moaned.

            “What kind genius?” I asked.

            “Pizza Hut!” Peter said excitedly.

            “Fine go find us a seat what kind do you want?” I asked.

            “I’ll just come with you,” he replied. “Less time I have to wait for food.”

            “That’s logical,” I shrugged as we headed towards the line. “Peter, I’m not sure I can watch him get married to him without dying inside,” I said suddenly as we waited for our food.

            “Jo, I know it’s going to be hard but eventually you well get over him and be happy,” Peter said.

            “Yeah,” I sighed looking down.

            “Ooh look our pizza’s ready,” Peter smiled excitedly.

            “You’re weird,” I muttered. Peter grabbed the pizza off the counter and took a slice out right away. I grabbed the box and together we found a table in the corner of the food court. For a while we quietly munched on our food until Peter cleared his throat and watched me. “Yes?”

            “You ready?” he asked checking his watch.

            “Yeah,” I nodded closing the pizza box. Peter grabbed the box off the table and we walked out of the mall with all my bags.

            Someone knocked urgently on my door at 5:30. I unrolled my hair from the curler and stood. I went to my door and flung it open to find Ella standing there.

            “Hi,” she said smiling.

            “Hi,” I replied cautiously.

            “Do you have blush?” she asked. 

            “Yeah come on in,” I nodded moving out of the way of the door.

            “Thank you so much,” she said coming into my room. I went over to my makeup bag and handed her my blush and brush. “Do you mind if I just put it on in here?” she asked.

            “No, go right ahead,” I said.

            “Thank you again,” she smiled sitting and opening the blush.

            “Don’t mention it,” I shrugged.

            “Do you want help curling your hair? It’ll go by faster,” she offered sweetly.

            “Don’t you have to show up to greet everyone?” I asked.

            “Who cares?” she shrugged.

            “Alright,” I smiled nodding. She got up and gestured for me to take my seat again. I sat and she moved behind me and picked up the curler.

            “So Finnick said you were an old family friend,” she said as she curled my hair.

            “Yeah, I grew up in the house right next to theirs before they moved here to the palace,” I replied.

            “So how old were you when they moved?” she asked. 

            “Fifteen,” I said slowly.

            “Cool,” she nodded.

            “I suppose,” I replied. “So what did you do today?” I asked.

            “I helped set up for the ball, hung out with Finnick and James, and then got ready,” she said putting down the rest of my hair to curl. “And you? How was shopping with Peter?”

            “A pain, an hour in he began complaining,” I chuckled.

            “Of course,” she laughed.

            “I got dresses and shoes for all the balls and got lunch for me and Peter,” I said.

            “Cool, what color is tonight’s dress?” she asked.

            “Light green,” I replied. She finished curling my hair and I looked in the mirror. “Thank you so much Ella,” I smiled standing up.

            “No problem,” she shrugged turning off my curler. “I’ll see you down there,” she said and left my room. I gave a slight nod to no one in particular and then turned around to my dress. I took off my robe and then took my dress off the hanger. I slid into the silky material and then looked at myself in the mirror.

            “Jo are you ready?” Peter asked coming into my room without knocking.

            “Yeah, can you zip me up first?” I asked. He nodded and then come over to me.

            “You look amazing,” he said once I’d been zipped up and had put on my beige high heels.

            “Thank you. You’re looking rather sharp yourself,” I smiled linking elbows with him. He smiled back and we left my room. “So guess what happened a few minutes ago,” I said as we walked.

            “What?” Peter asked glancing over at me.

            “Ella stopped by my room,” I said softly.

            “Really?” Peter asked.

            “Yeah, she needed blush and then she helped me with my hair,” I replied.
            “And how were you being in the same room as her?” Peter asked stopping us.

            “It was fine. I didn’t kill her. It was hard to be around her but I managed,” I said forcing Peter to walk again.

            “Alright,” he nodded. When we reached the ball the party was in full swing. A waiter passed us and Peter grabbed two glasses of champagne. “Milady,” he chuckled offering me one of the glasses.

            “Thank you kind sir,” I smiled taking it.

            “Josephine!” I heard my mother cry out.

Sooooo.... What are your thoughts on Ella and Peter?? Please leave comments!

Also don't forget to check out my other stories. Also please leave a comment telling me if I used to be Bbest Friends With the Prince is in your library!!!

Love you all!!

Mia