Chapter 1

Hey people! So this is part 1! It's super short it's just sort of an intro into the story please please please tell me what you think about it! Love ya!

“We’re going to go visit some old friends Josephine,” my mother said to me as she woke me up in the morning.

“Who?” I asked yawning and sitting up.

“The king and his family,” she replied smiling. “We were invited to the Prince’s wedding and coronation. It’s going to be a week of balls and celebration. Get up we leave in an hour,” she said.

“The prince is getting married? Finn’s getting married,” I muttered to mostly myself.  “Wait how did you get in?” I asked looking at my mom who was bustling around my room getting my suitcase out and opening it. She went to my window and opened my curtains revealing the dreary London morning.

“Your key to the flat isn’t hard to find. You should try hiding it better,” she replied. “Get out of bed Josephine!” she sighed hitting my leg.

“Yes mother,” I sighed getting out of bed.

“I’ll go make some breakfast,” she said and left the room.

I stood there stunned. Her words finally sunk in. Finnick was getting married… to someone else. I guess congrats to him. I shook my head and began packing. Why? I didn’t even know. I didn’t want to go. It would be hard for both of us. It’s been ten years since we saw each other and I’m not sure he’d even remember me.

“Hurry up darling!” my mom called from down the hall. I didn’t have any ball gowns or any dresses.

“Momma! I don’t have anything to wear!” I shouted.

“I’ll take you shopping later,” she replied. I packed all the essentials and then joined my mother in the kitchen. “Here’s your coffee,” she said the minute I entered the room. I thanked her and began drinking my steaming cup. “Come on, we have to leave, we need to be on time to see the royal family,” she said nudging me out of the kitchen.

“I’m not ready! I need half an hour,” I said and ran into my room. I jumped into the shower and finished in record time. Ten minutes later I hopped out of the shower, shaved, clean, and awake. I ran around my room scrambling to get ready while I listened to my mom lecture me. I rolled my eyes as I finished and my mother gave a big sigh of relief. She rushed me to the car and threw my suitcase in the back with hers.