The Fashionable Heroes

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://mysnis.tumblr.com/post/187296430720/the-fashionable-heroes

Masterpost Link :

https://mysnis.tumblr.com/post/635463374910717952/master-post

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Edna Mode is on the scene. She had been trying for years, years darling! To try and get those heroes to wear her designs. The capes gave her horrors, waiting for something bad to happen. The heels and the lack of protection gave her cause for concern, though most females did want to fight in heels. And what was with the early designs of Robin caused her heart to break with how hideous it was. The boy was a literal traffic light. And what was with the lack of pants and showing off toned legs muscles of a boy who was 10 or so? She had been trying for years to try and get one or some of them to allow her to make an outfit that was fit for both fashion, their powers, and safety.

Unfortunately, none ever backed down.

No matter, Edna was prepared for stubborn heroes. In fact, to further reach them and get them, she was attending a gala ball held for them in Gotham, hoping to be able to catch them and convince one to let her design a suit for them. She was not expecting what she saw when she first entered, however.

She first saw Wonder woman. In a lovely evening gown, one shoulder, a slit to mid-thigh, sandal shoes with a lack of heel, her lasso at her opposite hip to the slit. It was still in her colours to assure people, this is Wonder Woman, with a red bodice, fading into a dark blue skirt covered in tiny twinkling golden stars. Yellow to match the lasso was used to embroider the top and skirt, with ribbon added as accents. It was stupendous, and an eyesore over the colours and how busy it was, but still a nice outfit, for Wonder Woman. And the detail and work showed professional hands, the craft was well done. She gave it a little approval for such an event as this. Then she saw Superman. One of the few designs she hated. The cape was not a good design, she waited to hear of his death with that cape to blame. She saw him in a blue suit, with red lining, and yellow cufflinks. A much more subtle design she approved. The tie had small embroidered superman logos on it, and he wore black shoes. Again huge tick on craftsmanship.

Later on, she saw Batman, in a sensible black suit, with a white shirt and a tie that somehow was able to look like a bat. Upon approaching him, she was shocked to see the little bat outlines covering the jacket and pants, barely visible, only there if the light caught it right and you looked closely. The Robins both past and present had cleaned up nicely and looked really neat. Somehow, whoever had designed these outfits had been able to pull off a horrid look and make it charming. The green on Robin had been toned down, and present in small touches, with red and yellow also in small touches on black. It was impressive work to have them fit in with the gala, and yet not unrecognisable in who they were. Even Batgirl with her dress of black, purple, and touches of golden yellow with a belt had looked extremely professional, if simplistic. Few heroes and heroines tonight had not changed up their normal look, though she swore she saw Green lantern pouting over some of the designs he saw. Then, a bright red with black spots caught her eye and she turned to see a girl now in the huddle of heroes. The girl was simply dressed, a one-piece suit and pigtails, and on the young side. Edna narrowed her eyes. She had never seen this superheroine before. She approached, after all, if it was a new hero, maybe she could convince her to let her design her super suits.