Marinette's Family Court Reveal

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://ravennm84.tumblr.com/post/625267000535597056/marinette-family-court-reveal

Masterpost Link :

(I tried to find there Masterpost/ Masterlist but they didn't have any.
So there's nothing here.)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The class was in a state of shock. In the span of 24 hours, there was so much joy and tragedy. Gathered at Alya's apartment, they watched TVi news as Hawkmoth and Mayura were unmasked as Gabriel Agreste and his assistant, Nathalie. The class was in an uproar for a while, wondering if Adrien had been involved.

Lila shed tears, real ones, at the loss of her modeling job and the chance to keep Adrien as a trophy boyfriend. Now, he was useless to her. Anything to do with him would be toxic to her reputation, her only chance was to use her tears and claim that she'd had no idea that he was involved in such things. That he must have been trying to use her to get close to her mother to have international backing. Luckily, her classmates were such sheep that no one questioned what she said. They just comforted her, even ignoring the announcement of Adrien being exonerated of any charges, beyond a reasonable doubt, a few hours later.

The following day in class, Mme. Bustier came in and announced that not only had Adrien been pulled out of school for his own safety, but Marinette would not be attending for a while. "I'm afraid that she was in a terrible accident and has been put in the hospital."

"How bad?" Alya asked, standing from her chair.

"She's alive, but I'm afraid that her parents and grandmother were killed in a fatal car accident."

From there, gossip flew all around the room. How bad had it been? How hurt was Marinette? Do you think the accident was Marinette's fault?

What?

They weren't sure who asked that question, but it brought up other things. How she'd been acting strange the past few months. The way she'd distanced herself from everyone in class. How she'd been bullying Lila when she thought no one was looking. Always calling Lila a liar even though she had no proof. It was clear to everyone that she was a troubled girl, but the idea that she'd caused the accident and killed her parents and grandmother? That didn't seem like the girl they knew.

Still, they weren't sure. So, no one really reached out to her in the hospital. No one called or went to visit to see if she was alright. Except Lila, she put the fear of her bully aside and went to check on her, only to call Alya crying an hour later.

"I don't understand why she hates me so much." Lila sobbed on Alya's couch and the spectacled girl rubbed her friend's back. "All I did was tell her that I was worried about her, but she yelled at me and told me to get out of the room. But I can't blame her. I think she's just scared."

"Of course she's scared, she just lost her family-"

"No, she killed her family!" Lila stressed, looking freaked out. "She admitted it to me, like she didn't think anyone would believe me! She said she distracted her father while he was driving and caused the crash since they were starting to get wise to how she really is, and that her grandmother was just 'collateral damage'. I didn't think anyone could be so cruel!"