Her Little Robins

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://artxyra.tumblr.com/post/623636496773152769/her-little-robins

Masterpost Link :

https://artxyra.tumblr.com/post/634827125576335360/artxyras-masterlist

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

There is one person that Damian would even dare look up to and he hasn't seen her since before his mother brought him overseas to his father. She was the closest thing he had gotten to a mother figure despite being the opposite. Within the League of Assassins, she was on par with his own mother, but she was just as untouchable. She barely had any free time, between taking on League missions and living her life in the outside world. No one knows how she even became involved with the League but there was one thing he knew for sure. It wasn't long after his conception.

For the past year, he has been under the care of his father, the very person he doesn't belong to. Even after a year, his father still doesn't understand him. He shows his love differently. He doesn't belong in this broken household. Damian wasn't sure how he even managed with all the fighting. Though there is one thing he would never admit-is that he cares. Caring was one of many hidden traits he had picked up from her.

His father doesn't know how to care for him, but at least he tries to. Which is more than he can say about his mother. She never cared, in fact, the only time she cared was placing him into her arms. The fresh smell of apple blossoms always calming him down. That scent was more home than anything he has ever been to.

The last time he saw her-was the first time he had ever cried. Her arms wrapped tightly around him as she tells him her goodbyes. Making promises that he knows would never be kept. She was leaving to save both of them-to save him. Damian could never admit it to himself, but the night she left was the night his grandfather had declared that Damian was of age to determine his loyalty. A trial that would surely end in his or her death.

He hated going to sleep that night. The cold welcoming his return. There was no apple blossom scent laying beside him. No hand caressing his hair as he fell asleep. No French lullaby that was specifically made for him being sung. Just the harsh winds.

"Be brave my petit oiseau. Luck will always guide you in your journey." She whispers to him every night as he loses consciousness. Those words would forever stick with him. Just like his father's statement "Justice not vengeance" would. Though he would prefer the one from her over any others.

It's been three years since then.

Today he wasn't sure what to do, the anniversary of her disappearance was approaching, and his father's family still didn't understand why he is crankier-or what they would say brattier-during this time. He just wants to be alone.

"My, my, petit oiseau, someone sure missed moi." It was the way she always greeted him when he was little, and they were alone. Damian's little legs would wrap around her own as she bends down to scoop him into her arms. When he was younger, he felt freer being around her. Her laughter was contagious. She would extend her pointer finger against his nose and giggles before blowing raspberries into his cheek which then caused him to laugh.

Instinctively, Damian curls into himself. He misses those feelings. Feelings that he'll never get from his family at this rate.

So deep in his memories, Damian doesn't remember entering the library, picking up a book, and finding comfort in the couch. He looks at the book that was opened in front of him. It was written in French. He has been in this room plenty of times and has skimmed every book at least once, so why does this book seem like a distance memory? The title was so familiar, but he couldn't place it.