Hogwarts AU - (Part 1)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://kceedraws.tumblr.com/post/187858396131

Masterpost Link :

(I tried to find there Masterpost/ Masterlist but they didn't have any.
So there's nothing here.)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

When Damian Wayne first step foot onto Hogwarts, he absolutely, positively, 100% did not feel any pressure to live up to the public's expectations for him. After all, it wasn't as if all three of his older brothers were Head Boys and members of their respective house's Quidditch team - or, in Jason's case, the captain of it for nearly three years.

Of course, Damian was also aware of their stellar academic records and popularity with their peers: Jason was always getting himself into places he shouldn't have been (Madame Pomfrey never forgave him for replacing all of her Pepperup Potion supply with Sleakeazy Hair Potion); Dick was known to be infallibly charming and kind to everyone; and Tim was nothing if not intelligent, often dubbed "the brightest wizard of his age".

But all of these were non-issues. Minor tidbits of information that were no way relevant to him. So, no. Damian had no reason to feel pressured. None whatsoever.

(As much as Bruce and his older three sons praised each other on their achievements, and as hard as they tried reassure Damian that he shouldn't compare himself, none of that stopped the insecurities from worming their way inside his mind.)

Instead of tackling those problems and insecurities head-on though, Damian threw himself into studying - into proving that he earned his place at Hogwarts, and was not just following in his family's footsteps.

And if along the way he happened to step on a few toes or remind his peers of his family name too many times for comfort? Well, that was merely the means to an end.

Every high mark on his exams, every award and distinction given by his professors was his, and his alone.

That all changed though the moment that Marinette came to Hogwarts.

《○》《○》《○》

"Excuse me?"

Damian tensed at the stranger's touch and bit back the instinct to glare at whoever broke his concentration.

"What do you want?" he asked without bothering to turn around.

"Oh, um...well, I'm new here, and I was wondering if you could help me find one of my classrooms?" Her voice was soft and gentle, like the fibers of his childhood blanket. It didn't completely stop Damian from rolling his eyes, but it did ease the blow of his irritation. "I tried asking some other Slytherins, but they said to go find a boy named 'Damian' in the library."

Sigh. Of course. Over the past few years, he'd built a reputation of being cold towards most of his housemates, so naturally some of them thought it'd be funny to send new students his way when they needed help.

Well, no matter. He'd deal with her swiftly (perhaps he'd be a little less curt with her) and then return his attention to his Ancient Runes assignment.

Damian's jaw fell slack when he was met with the most vibrant, sparkling blue eyes. She tilted her head curiously, her forest green scarf falling askew around her neck.

"I'm sorry, should I let you get back to your work?"

"N-no! I mean, no, it's no trouble at all." Damian cleared his throat as he focused on her emerald tie and silver wrist bands. "I'm sorry for being so short earlier, I didn't know that our house would be getting a new student."

She smiled nervously, her (very dainty, very cute) button nose crinkling with embarrassment. "Oh, well...I-I just transferred here from Beauxbatons. It...it wasn't the right school for me anymore, so my parents were able to make arrangements for me to attend Hogwarts. I just spoke with the Headmaster and was sorted during our meeting."

Well that explained a lot. Judging by her curled shoulders and dipped head, she didn't seem to be too comfortable speaking about why she suddenly had to change schools. For some reason, anger rose in his throat at the thought of her bad experiences at the French school.

As a fellow Slytherin, he'd have to change that immediately; their house stuck together, after all.

She startled when he stuck his hand out suddenly.

"I'm Damian. Damian Wayne," he started with a half grin.

She paused as if to consider her next move, and gently stuck out hers as well with a bright smile. "My name's Marinette. Marientte Dupain-Cheng."

Marinette - what an angelic name.

Something told him that they would get along just fine.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

This is not My Story.

Creator of the Story :

kceedraws/ @Hello!