Coffee Shop AU - (Daminette December Day 20)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://mysnis.tumblr.com/post/189765908100/daminette-december-day-20-coffee-shop-au

Masterpost Link :

https://mysnis.tumblr.com/post/635463374910717952/master-post

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Damian rolled his eyes. Jon had gotten a summer job at a coffee shop as his mother requested. It was a little place out of the way and quaint. Damian knew this due to Jon pulling him there to see the place. Jon asked him if he could practice making the various drinks on Damian. Damian, due to his nature, had been banned from all other coffee houses in Gotham. So this little place, where Jon would never get pissed at him seemed like a good deal for him to keep getting coffee. So he found himself often coming in and ordering coffee for Jon to practice.

It had been a few weeks since Jon started working at the coffee shop in Gotham, and had Damian come by a few times. He had gotten to know the older regulars, the ones who loved to chatter and ask questions.

There was only one regular that he only knew by the name she gave for her coffee and her habits while in here.

Marinette was her name for the cup. A nice girl, Jon thought. Maybe a little bit addictive to caffeine, and a serious drawer with how long she would be in here going over the sketchbook.

She had a spontaneous schedule, but as far as Jon could tell, would come by at least 3 times a week.

Any of his attempts at getting to know her had failed, as she did not comment or seek conversation. She reminded Jon of a mouse and hoped that Damian wouldn't meet her. Or scare her off.

Unfortunately, today was not his lucky day as, without fail, Damian arrived while he was still making Marinette Mouse her latte. Damian told his order to the cashier and gave a nod of greeting to Jon as he waited.

Jon continued to make the drinks while the two stood awkwardly next to each other.

"Latte for Marinette." She stepped forward and claimed the drink. Jon saw his friend catalog the name and watched her. He quickly made up Damian's and watched as his best friend made his way and sat down near Marinette. Close enough to observe, far enough to not be creepy. Jon filed it away to be further thought about as the door opened again. Coffee brewing was calling.

It had been a month since Damian first saw Marinette. It had been a month of Damian no longer sticking to his schedule and trying to catch her. He had been successful a few times and still, he continued to just watch the girl from a distance.

Jon never offered up information, because he had none.

Damian also never asked.

Jon however, was sick of the little glances Damian directed at the girl, and yet the girl did not notice.

That was changing today. He readied himself to chatter to the girl as he was on the register.

"Hey, Marinette. Usual latte?" He gave a disarming smile. She nodded as he punched her order in.

"Extra shot though. And maybe a muffin?" She looked at him, Jon winced at the heavily applied makeup.

"Up late?" He spoke sympathetically, pushing the buttons and writing the order down to hand to the barista on duty.