Spider VS Bird

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://unmaskedagain.tumblr.com/post/189728198722/spider-vs-bird

Masterpost Link :

https://unmaskedagain.tumblr.com/post/190319245732/masterpost

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Peter met Marinette when they were six-years-old. She had been sent to camp in New York. She had been scared to be so far away from home, and while fluent in English spoke with a heavy accent that made other kids look at her funny.

Peter had never been away from his parents for more than a few days, ever. He wasn't happy. He was miserable in fact. Peter had been sitting alone behind a tree, having escaped canoeing, face hid in his knees. His wanted nothing more than to go home. He sniffled.

"Don't cry," A soft voice said next to him. He looked up and saw a pretty bluenette with big blue eyes and a kind smile on her face looking at him. She looked about his age. "It's okay. Do you miss home too?"

Peter nodded, and tried to make it look like he was crying. The other boys could be really, really mean. "I want my pops and dad."

"I miss my mama and papa too," Marinette said. "I'm really far away from them."

"Where are you from?" Peter ask curiously. He hadn't met many people from different countries before and never a kid his own age.

Marinette played with her hair, "France. Where are you from?"

"New York City," Peter smiled. "It's far but not as far as Paris. Do you miss it?"

"Yep; a whole a lot," Marinette opened the care package from her Mommy and Daddy. It just made her miss them so much more. Her grandma Gina went to this camp when she was small, and so did her dad, so they sent her there too. "Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry."

And just like any kid, Peter didn't ask why she was asking. "I like vanilla."

"Are you allergic to anything?"

"No."

Marinette nodded and pulled out two cupcakes from her care package. It had been sent overnight. "Here you go, have one." She handed him a big vanilla cupcake.

Peter's eyes went wide and he gave her a toothy grin that showed he was missing one of his front tenth. "Thank!" He bite into it. "This is really good," he said with his mouth full.

"My parents made them," Marinette smiled then bit into her own chocolate cupcake. "They're bakers!"

Peter blinked at her with wide-eyes, "That's so cool! So they cake cookies and cake and like everything right? You must get to eat as much as you want. I wish my parents were bakers!"

Marinette just laughed. It was the start of a beautiful friendship.

Steve and Tony would get letters from his son all about the new friend he made. And get a picture of their little boy with his arm around a blue-haired.

"Her name is Marinette," Steve read the letter. "She's French. Her parents are the best bakers in the world who send her weekly goodie packages. They have the coolest job ever!"

Tony blinked,
"We're superheroes."

When they picked up Peter a month later from camp, he was ran up to him holding Marinette's hand, "Dad, Pops; this is Marinette! She's the best. She really smart and funny and cool. She's my best friend ever! And-"