The Great IKEA Game - Chapter 1

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Thank You to Rosey19162 for Suggesting this Story!!

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://batsandbugs.tumblr.com/post/624852198245957632/the-great-ikea-game-chapter-1-meet-the-players

Masterpost Link :

https://batsandbugs.tumblr.com/post/644566288413392896/great-ikea-game-masterlist-you-can-read-it-here-on

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Meet the Players

Marinette originally came to the IKEA an hour outside of Gotham to buy twinkle lights for her new living room. She eventually extended her trip into obtaining new dishes since all she had right now was empty takeout containers she kept rewashing. She would have been very content getting what she needed and being on her way, (no, she wasn't lonely Plagg, she had two dozen mini-gods to keep her company, shut up) but halfway between the bedding and lights sections, Marinette's life changed forever.

For the better, if she was being honest.

She never would have realized it if she hadn't ducked into a showroom to test out a couch. She settled against the fluffy folds, knowing it would be destroyed within minutes if she ever brought it home when she noticed him. A boy, no man, about her age, hiding behind a desk looking for all the world as if he were plotting world domination or someone's demise.

They looked at each other in shock for a moment.

"Are... are you ok-"

"Shhh!" his green eyes narrowed, and boy, Marinette had been on the receiving end of death glares before, but this one had to take the cake.

"Sorry," she whispered.

He rolled his eyes. "Do you see a group of dark-haired obnoxious idiots out there?" he asked.

The request was an odd one, but Marinette rose from the couch and glanced around outside of the showroom. She didn't see anyone fitting his description. She shook her head.

He smirked. "My idiot older brothers dragged me along for a "family bonding experience"." He made the little quotation marks, and Marinette never thought anyone could look cool doing that, but somehow this person nailed it. "Tt. I've successfully avoided them for an hour. Didn't know when the coast would be clear though." He rose gracefully from the ground, looking all the more like a prince, rather than a crazy person hiding from his family.

It was absurd.

Marinette found herself instantly amused.

"I have friends exactly like that, I totally get it," she said, thinking how Adrian would be beside himself when she told him the story later. The pang of loneliness that had been present since she'd left her friends in Paris, for college in America re-emerged. She shook her head of the maudlin thoughts.

The Kwamis would have had a field day with this idea too, thankfully she had left them in her severely under-furnished apartment for the day in order to avoid the squabbling that came with only taking a few of them out of the house.