Birds, Bugs, and Ballroom Dancing

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://kelelamentia.tumblr.com/post/186457120248/birds-bugs-and-ballroom-dancing

Masterpost Link :

(I tried to find their Masterpost/ Masterlist but they didn't have any.
So there's nothing here.)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Tonight was the night of the Wayne Charity Gala, THE EVENT this year, and our 2 favorite people are getting ready.

Marinette and Tikki:

Marinette was fluttering around her hotel room in a tizzy, getting herself worked up and nervous.

"Marinette calm down you have nothing to be worried about, tonight will be wonderful for you." Tikki cheered.

"But what if I trip, or step on Damien's feet! What if I'm over-dressed? What if I'm under-dressed?!" Marinette stressed.

"You are being silly Marinette, Damien won't care if you trip or step on his feet and you look beautiful."

And she did, Marinette was wearing a light pink gown with layered skirt with black detailing (you know that leaked picture, THAT dress). Her hair was also loose from its normal twin tails, only pinned back with some delicate looking hair pins, with makeup that high-lighted her blue bell eyes.

Marinette did her best to take some deep calmed breathes.

"Right, right, Damien would never make fun of me like that."

"And?" Tikki prompted.

"...And I look beautiful." Marinette finished quietly.

You see Tikki has been trying to help Marinette with her self-worth, especially after Lie-la showed up and her class proved that they only share one brain cell between all of them, with gentle encouragement and praise for all the effort Marinette puts into her civilian/Ladybug life.

"That's right! Let no-one tell you otherwise!"

Marinette paced for a little while longer, trying to keep calm and listening to Tikki's words.

"I'm proud of you Marinette, you managed your time well, so you won't be late or rushing to get ready."

Marinette stopped pacing and smiled at Tikki.

"Thank you Tikki, I've working really hard to get caught up in my thoughts and worries, so I wouldn't get distracted."

"It shows!" Tikki cheered.

"What time was Damien's butler supposed to pick you up again?"

"He should be here in about 5 minutes Tikki and his name is Alfred Pennyworth, Damien says he can be a bit formal."

Marinette looked at the clock.

"Come on Tikki let's head down to the lobby so we don't keep him waiting."

"Great idea Marinette, now don't forget to have fun...and try and sneak me some cookies."

"I'll try Tikki." Marinette laughed as she promised.

Tikki flew into a hidden pocket of the layered skirt as Marinette made her way out of the door and to the lobby.

Lobby: