The Great IKEA Game - Chapter 4

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://batsandbugs.tumblr.com/post/634421092144070656/the-great-ikea-game

Masterpost Link :

https://batsandbugs.tumblr.com/post/644566288413392896/great-ikea-game-masterlist-you-can-read-it-here-on

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Three Stooges

Tim wondered when his day took a solid dive off the cliffs of normal and into the waters of weird.

It probably started when Dick dragged them out of bed at eight in the morning - on a Saturday - piled them into the car, and drove them an hour and a half out of the city to an IKEA. If they had actually been there to shop they would have either burned the store down or killed one another.

Not that those things were off the table yet.

Tim had work, actual work, that he could be doing. But no, instead he was playing a demented game of hide-and-go-seek, which was careening into an all-out war. The destroyed shelving units, shopping carts, and forklift were unmistakable evidence of that.

How had the demon spawn accomplished this in less than a minute?

Bruce would kill them, once he came back from off-world.

That is if Alfred didn't get to them first.

"Uh, order 177? Shit, my pay isn't enough for this."

The words shook Tim from his stupor. He walked over to the counter.

"Hi," he said, flashing his most charming CEO grin. "I have a quick question?"

The server's fixed smile contrasted with his dull eyes.

"I need to know what way the boy who ordered this headed."

"No."

Tim sighed, "Look, it's important. My brother-"

"I mean, no, it wasn't a boy."

Tim paused. "Huh?"

"It was a girl, a teen girl. Black hair, big blue eyes, French accent. She was sitting over there," he waved at an empty table. "But I think she walked away before that happened." Referring to the giant train wreck occurring a few aisles over.

"Oh," said Tim. "Thanks."

"Do you want the order?"

Tim held back an annoyed sigh.

"Sure."

So that's how he, Jason, and Dick, sat at the abandoned picnic table, staring at the abandoned meal bought with Damian's credit card. Jason grabbed a couple of fries and shoved them in his mouth.

"That's evidence, nitwit," hissed Tim.

Jason ignored him, stabbing a meatball with the plastic fork. "What? It's going to go to waste. Girlie obviously ain't coming back for it."

"We should be more worried about how a random girl used Damian's credit card!"

"She could have stolen it?" offered Dick.

"Demon spawn would have broken her arm before getting pickpocketed," countered Jason, eating another fry. Silence. A weird glint appeared in Jason's eye. He turned to Tim. "What did you say the girl looked like again?"