Hogwarts AU - (Part 5)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://kceedraws.tumblr.com/post/188183366706/daminette-hogwarts-au-5

Masterpost Link :

(I tried to find their Masterpost/ Masterlist but they didn't have any.
So there's nothing here.)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

It was almost comical how one look from Lila made Marinette feel fourteen again, alone and friendless and terrified of waking up with her stuff broken or missing.

Because Lila was here. In her school. And she was walking directly to her with razor sharp teeth in her smile. Marinette's vision blackened at the edges. The inside of her mouth went raw with an acidic copper taste from biting her tongue too hard. Shit shit shit shit -

"Breathe with me, Angel. Slowly now, in and out." Damian...She vaguely recognized that it was his voice. Damian was always safe. Damian was her friend. So she followed his instructions. In, out. In...out.

He grimaced when his fingertips pressed against her wrist; her pulse was thudding nearly a mile a minute. "Let's get you back to my room."

He steadily guided her to her feet and whisked her away from the Great Hall, but not before exchanging a terse nod with Chloe and Kagami, a silent look that they immediately knew meant "hold down the fort while I'm gone".

When they reached his room, Damian immediately draped her favorite blanket over her shoulders and placed an unwrapped Chocolate Frog in her hands. It pained him to think about how this wasn't the first - and certainly not the last - time that he helped bring her senses back into awareness. Throughout the last few years, Marinette would fall into a daze from time to time, the memories of Beauxbatons too great to shoulder by herself. Sometimes they sat together in silence until she felt comfortable to speak, and other times they laid side-by-side together until they fell asleep.

It seemed like this occurrence would be the latter. It never occurred to them how romantic that act could be seen. They only saw it for what it was: two friends trying to damnedest to comfort each other through their traumas.

A short while later, she curled into him and whispered into the darkness, her voice wavering. "What if I lose all of you because of this tournament?"

"We won't let that happen, Angel," Damian said. "I promise."

Marinetted shifted her hips until she could face him. Her face was unreadable as she asked, "And you? What if I lose you? I know you're planning on putting your name into that goblet."

Damian shied his gaze away. Merlin, she always knew how to read his emotions. Still looking away, he stroked the sides of her jaw with the coarse pads of his fingers. "You know I have to at least try, Angel. Everyone in my family has done something exceptional. Now, it's my turn. I need to prove that I'm not falling behind."

Marinette snuggled into his chest as he continued. "I'm scared of what will happen if my name is drawn. But I'm terrified of what will happen if it isn't. I've dreamed my whole life for a chance like this to come around...and if it doesn't come true, I don't know what I'll do."

"Well, that's the good part I guess," Marinette said as her hands hovered over his sweater. She yawned and pulled the blanket over them, knowing that they were on the brink of falling asleep. "You'll get to go find a new dream."