The Great IKEA Game - Chapter 8

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://batsandbugs.tumblr.com/post/644509192591474688/the-great-ikea-game

Masterpost Link :

https://batsandbugs.tumblr.com/post/644566288413392896/great-ikea-game-masterlist-you-can-read-it-here-on

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Dicking Around Part 1: Can You Hear the People Sing?

Marinette and Damian fled, hand-in-hand, from the tied-up Jason. They ducked behind a stack of boxes when a security team raced past, squawking into their walkie-talkies. A couple of workers nearby didn't even glance at the sounds of shouting in the distance.

"I think we can consider this a job well done," Damian smirked in the direction the security members raced towards.

Marinette bit her lip, holding in a small laugh. "Yes, but rather mean. Aren't you afraid he'll get back at you?"

Damian rolled his eyes, shrugging off the question with an air of superiority. "Tt. He can certainly try." He glanced back at her, smirking smugly. "He'll be after you too. Don't forget you also participated in that little scheme."

"Yes, but I followed your script."

"Fire meet tripwire. Pot meet kettle."

Marinette huffed shaking her head. "Well, the damage is done." The damage she intended to rectify later. Maybe Jason would appreciate an apology consisting of homemade treats? A loud shout rang out in the distance, making her wince. Damian's prediction proved right; Jason would not go down easily for the security personnel. "Two brothers defeated, one to go. Dick is still in the store, right?"

Damian nodded, pulling out his phone, the familiar IKEA map layout already loaded on-screen. Marinette hadn't visited one bigger than this before. It consisted of three display floors, the cafeteria and check-out floor, and the giant attached warehouse covering half the lot in the back. The ground floor opened to a large atrium. Two glass elevators and four escalators ferried shoppers to-and-from floors. The children's daycare center, lockers, and a Starbucks were located there too.

"We should enter through the checkout area, obtain new disguises, and make our way to the atrium from a third-floor vantage position. Grayson should be located in this general vicinity." He pointed to the daycare area. Marinette passed the center on her way in. Between bright colors, a large jungle gym, floor trampolines, a video game area, and a ginormous ball pit suspended in midair, the whole center gave radiating vibes of a fast-food restaurant's play place mixed with an arcade.

"We'll scope him out once in position and make a plan from there," finished Damian, placing his phone back into his pocket.

"Sounds good to me." Marinette risked a peek over the boxes to ensure the coast was clear. A slight tug held her back from moving all the way. She glanced back, her hand still clasped in Damians'. He stared at their connected appendages, then back at her. Dipping his eyes when he caught hers, and pulled his hand away, clearing his throat.

"Uh... my apologies for manhandling you." His voice pitched a touch higher than normal.

From the heat alone Marinette could tell her cheeks were redder than her Ladybug suit. "No, no, it's- it's fine!" She smiled thinly, wanting to burn the butterflies overwhelming her stomach. "We, ah, we should get going."