Dame Chanceuse Couture AU - (Killer Croc/ Red Hood)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://multifandomscribette.tumblr.com/post/189057681961/dame-chanceuse-couture-au-killer-crocred-hood

Masterpost Link :

https://multifandomscribette.tumblr.com/post/188522124006/dame-chanceuse-conture-au

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Killer Croc

Meets her in the alley behind Mari's building. He is there because he has heard of Mari but didn't know how to approach her. He isn't very into fashion but he's heard of Mari and her great fabric work and how she can make anything durable and comfortable.

Mari is taking out the trash when she notices him. HE waits for the shrieking and running to start but all she does is smile at him and invite him inside for pastries and tea. He follows her inside, a little surprised but rather pleased with how the situation is turning out so far.

They sit and chat for a little bit, talking about all sorts of things that involved Gotham to other Rogues, to the latest news. Croc finally finds the courage and the right way to ask Mari about designing something comfortable and practical for him after about an hour of them chatting.

Mari beams and agrees to help him out. She asks if he wants to do the fitting right now and he agrees. They move to the fitting room continuing to talk while Mari takes his measurements. Once that's done they sit down and discuss what he wants and doesn't want to be included.

Mari makes him 4 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of gloves, and 2 shirts, as well as a bonus of a lavender-infused pillow for comfort. He keeps the pillow safe at all times and is the only object that the guards at Arkham can't seem to get away from him, no matter how hard they try.

Croc and Mari meet up every week to chat. Making a tea party out of it. They all love it and have a lot of fun together. It's sort of like the 'Big, tough, tattooed biker guy with a soft heart for a specific creature' trope. Also, Mari is tiny compared to him so that adds to the effect.

He becomes one of the Rogues that spends most time away from Gotham and in Arkham so he is one of the biggest recruiters for the Marianne Protection Squad and Mari's business in general.

《○》《○》《○》

Red Hood

× 2 Weeks After Mari Moved To The Boutique (8 months after she moved to Gotham City) ×

They meet after Jason escaped from the League of Assassins and got to Gotham. He is still pretty unstable but he has calmed down from the must murder everyone in mt oath part of his resurrections, though he hasn't gotten on his feet yet i.e. he hasn't started taking over Gotham's minor crime bosses yet.

He is in the Alley behind Mari's building digging through the trash for food when Mari comes out back to throw away another bag of trash, Mari sees this skipping haunted and hoes 'no way, you're coming with me!' and drags him inside.

She sets him up in the spare bedroom of her apartment above the shop and feeds him a lot of food, makes him sleep, and nurses him slightly back to health. Tikki and Plagg made the Lazarus pits together so Mari with their help is able to stabilize him a little.

The next morning, Jason is gone from the guest room and there is no trace of him anywhere. Mari is worried about him but soon enough she is focused on her shop and her clients. She still sometimes wonders what became of that feverish, starved boy that disappeared from her home without a trace.

× 8 Months Later (while after she met the other rogues and LA) ×

Jason has family established himself in Gotham's Underworld by this time, controlling almost all gangs, etc. by the time he visits Mari again.

He remembers her kindness and hospitality and wants to repay it but can't because he doesn't remember much and can't identify her. He has heard rumors of Marianne and her workout but doesn't put 2 and 2 together since they didn't change names and he barely remembers that night. He goes to her store to see if she can design him a more comfortable and practical outfit.

He loves the smell of the whole place and somehow it feels familiar but he doesn't know how or why. Jason, initially, wanted to play into the whole Red Hood image he had built for himself but somehow found that he didn't want to, Something about this place soothed him quite a bit, and yet he couldn't his finger on what. He took his helmet off and ate a few of the cookies set out in the front.

Mari came downstairs with a grin on her face and a bounce in her step. She was having a lovely day and had the feeling that it would only get better as it passed. She greeted her newest customer, who was already eating from the set out a plate of pastries she had made that morning, with a grin.

As soon as he turned to her, she recognized him though. He was the boy that disappeared from her guestroom all those months ago when she had first arrived in Gotham. He looked much better, health-wise, and wasn't wearing scraps of cloth anymore which was good and from the looks of it, he was doing much better.

He recognized her too. This was the woman that took him in for a night when he had first come back to Gotham! The one he wanted to repay as soon as possible. He opened his mouth to say something but no words managed to come out before the bluenette had launched herself at him and hugged him tightly, muttering about how glad she is that he was alright.

They get to talking and catching up about how they've been. Both of them are surprised by how the other's career had turned out but neither could really call the other out without being a hypocrite so they didn't. Jason thanked her for her help, saying that that night helped him out a lot. Mari says that she was happy to help and that it motivated her to keep going. They exchange numbers and before he leaves, Mari insists that they do what they were meant to in her shop.

So Mari takes his measurements and they chat some more about more mundane things before Jason has to leave to bust a drug deal. He promises that he'll be back in the next couple of days, depending on how this all goes. Mari smiles and tells him to be careful out there, just like she always does with her family.

The next time Jason sees her, four days later, Mari has a new, dark brown leather jacket with insulation, extra hidden pockets, etc. She also pretty much redid his entire outfit because it's not the worse but it has room for improvement. She repainted his helmet, so sits still red but it is a little darker, more muted because that bright red thing stood out far too much to be helpful in any situation. She made him custom holsters and even a hoodie just a bonus gift like she always does. He loves all of them and bears hugs her in thanks. He paid her a little bit more than asked for and promised to be back later.

From then on, he became Mari's unofficial older brother. He dropped by whenever he could during the day since he was usually busy at night and under the impression that Mari actually slept instead of talking to a masked vigilante for hours on end and working on her designs and commissions.

His introduction to the Marianne Protection Squad is perfectly described by @gimme-more-caffeine in their ficlet, right here! So go check that out, it's amazing.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

This is not My Story.

Creator of the Story :

multifandomscribette/
@MultiFandom Stories And Headcanons