Nice People deserve Forgiveness

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://mysnis.tumblr.com/post/670549699168813056/nice-people-deserve-forgiveness

Masterpost Link :

https://mysnis.tumblr.com/post/635463374910717952/master-post

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Dick knocked on the door of Damian's room. Apparently, today after school Alfred had noted he was in a mood in the car and had gone to his room and slammed the door. This was not what he had been expecting. Sure, Damian often came home from school in a mood. The kid hated having to associate with others his age that had not grown up in the league, a mood was normal when returning.

But this was not what he expected. He opened the door and stared as Damian had set about going through his motions and moves with his katana. But Dick could tell something was wrong. Damian generally prided himself on perfection and his strength in execution. Today while to untrained eyes he was still that, Dick could tell his footwork was off and the blade wasn't as high as he usually carried it.

"What's up Lil D?" He asked, leaning in the doorway. Damian scowled but did lower his sword as his brow further furrowed.

"Grayson...you've had experience with romance?" Dick beamed. His little brother had been growing up!

"Oh, yeah, I've had relationships and romances, who do you have a crush on?"

"It's not a crush!" Damian snapped. Dick raised an eyebrow.

"Well, it's not going to be refusing a girl's advances you are asking about. All of Gotham knows you need no help in saying no." Damian scowled more. Dick decided to wait it out.

"..Dupain-Cheng,"

"Wait, Marinette? Too goody shoes and teacher's pet Marinette? Doormat wouldn't bother to scrape off the bottom of your shoe, Marinette?" Dick interrupted. Damian seethed.

"That was a long time ago,"

"2 months," Dick answered. Damian huffed.

"Long time ago. We got assigned to work on a school project together and while she is still kind to a fault, my early deductions were... in error." Dick grinned and leaned in.

"Okay, so what exactly is your issue? You don't know how to flirt? Make your intentions known?" Damian scoffed.

"I wouldn't seek you out for such matters. She... has not appreciated my gift. And so we are now in a fight over it, her refusing to accept it." Damian huffed.

"Well, if you have done what Bruce tends to do, maybe the expensive gift scared her off? Expensive gifts as displays of affection and asking her out probably don't work with her."

"I already figured that out, Grayson. My courting gifts were simplistic and catered to her tastes. This gift was due to the American tradition of celebrating the one-month anniversary as Kent put it."

"You've been dating her for a month?" Dick asked bewildered.

"Yes. That is not the issue here. She refused my gift! We've been having fights all day in school. She took to ignoring me in the last period."

"Damian...." Dick ran a hand through his hair, "what exactly did you get her?"

Damian pulled a box out of his bag and Dick held in his reaction beyond a sharp intake of breath. "Why did you get her a necklace with that many diamonds?"

"It was the only last-minute suitable thing I could find."

"Damian... Marinette is a practical girl. And she lives in Gotham. She doesn't want a diamond necklace. She wants flowers and your time." Damian frowned in thought.

"You raise the same thing she did."

"And your counter?"

"I'd get her the things I think she deserves."

"Damian...relationships are both works. You work together. You compromise."

"...you think I'm in the wrong?"

"No. Your actions are... sweet. Clearly, you are an attentive boyfriend. But if it's not something Marinette wants, you need to respect that and find something else. She then also needs to work on accepting the gift and the meaning behind it." Dick watched the frown clear up.

"Come on, we'll go see her, what's her address?"

"I'll drive."

"I don't think so."

"I know how."

"And you still don't have a driver's license. I'll drive."

Damian grumbled. "You'll stay in the car." Dick relented.

Dick watched as Damian shuffled as he waited after knocking. He stiffened as the door opened and Marinette peered out from around the door. Dick hoped things worked out as the pair chattered for a few moments. Nothing could be read from Marinette's face other than caution and wariness. Finally, her jaw dropped and she pulled him into a hug which Damian hesitated to return. A bit of hand waving, and a smile had Marinette kissing his cheek and returning to her home, and Damian returned to the car.

"She's accepted and extended her own apology."

"That's good. You were quite right that she's nice."

"And she wishes that she had been informed she was my girlfriend for a month from me at the start rather than today after she had freaked out over my gift." Dick blinked.

"Wait, what?"

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

This is not My Story.

Creator of the Story :

mysnis/
@madness grows more madness