Dame Chanceuse Couture AU - (Two-Face/ Scarecrow)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://multifandomscribette.tumblr.com/post/188564215901/dame-chanceuse-couture-au-two-facescarecrow

Masterpost Link :

https://multifandomscribette.tumblr.com/post/188522124006/dame-chanceuse-conture-au

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Two-Face

Two-face goes to Marianne's boutique with pretty low expectations despite the rep and praise she received from the other Rogues who get their clothes done by her and is absolutely blown away. Despite the outside of the building looking absolutely terrible and shabby, the inside was minimalistic elegant, a little vintage, and had an inexplicable cozy feeling about it. The whole space smells like freshly baked pastries, the walls are painted a pleasant light gray that allows the designs to stand out and draw the eye and showcase the young designer's talent.

He is greeted by the sight of a smiling young woman who was sewing red fabric roses on the skirt of a beautiful forest green 50's style sundress. She doesn't even flinch at the sight of him in her boutique. Just pins the rose she was positioning in place and stands, picks up a tray of pastries, and walks over, offering the sweets with an enthusiastic greeting and kind smile.

Harvey just blinks at the petite woman, takes a pastry, and allows himself to be led to the consultation/fitting room. The pastries are delicious, and the consultation goes swimmingly! In large part because Marianne is incredibly attentive to details and isn't afraid to speak up when something he wants would be impractical etc. And partly because his coin was particularly agreeable in this case, agreeing with a lot of Mari's suggestions (that was Tikki's influence but shhh don't tell!).

Overall an amazingly smooth consultation and fitting later, the designs they settled on were complete and Mari was able to give him a time frame to come pick them up with an approximate price.

He comes back a week or two later to pick up the final products, which were amazingly comfortable, allowed for a large range of motion, were extremely fashionable, and fit his theme perfectly! Harvey was also pleasantly surprised by the four ties and cufflinks she make for him! The ties were all split down the middle, in a variety of colors that could be mixed and matched with his new suits. the cufflinks were made to look like coins, one made out of silver and the other made out of bronze. He loves the gifts and pays double since Mari didn't accept any money for the gifts. Needless to say, she's his new full-time tailor.

《○》《○》《○》

Scarecrow

Mari didn't actually meet him at or near her boutique. She met him while she was walking around Gotham, really exploring for the first time since she arrived.

She was in a bank when Scarecrow tries to rob it. Before he can have the whole bank, she starts yelling in French, distracting him until she can think of a plan. She then switches to English and starts sassing his outfit and style.

It all goes down something like this, "I mean, I get that you have a theme going by there is no reason for you to be dressed so...so... POORLY!" "Miss-" "I could design you a better costume in my sleep! Scratch that, I can SEW better in my sleep!" "What he-" "Actually do you want me to do that? I could do that for you if I just-" and the rest is just random designs she was thinking up on the spot, each more outlandish than the last, while the people in the bank look on in bewilderment and slight awe. But she seriously was looking for his business.

Cue Scarecrow realizing who this tiny, fierce girl is. She is the designer and seamstress that some of his colleagues have been wearing the designs of, praising, and - most importantly - put under their collective protections. Cue terror overtaking his whole being and the only cohesive thought he could form being "F**k". He quickly abandoned the whole attempted robbery, hoping against all hope that this whole debacle wouldn't get back to the other rogues, especially the French designer's involvement in it.

Everyone in the back is dumbfounded by this whole progression of events, especially Batman and Robin, who arrives shortly after Scarecrow took off. When they ask what happened all the people they interviewed described the robbery in largely the same way, all including the tiny French woman who distracted and chased Scarecrow off. By criticizing his fashion sense. Yeah, no, they didn't believe them until they watched the security footage. Then it's undeniable. They attempt to find her but the footage is too grainy and the audio is too distorted for them to make out any specifics. No matter how hard Tim tries he can't do anything about it. (That's all Xuppu's doing).

The very same night Scarecrow hoes to Mari's boutique to ask her not to tell the other Rogues that he pretty much threatened her with the fear gas cause that would be really really bad for him. He doubted anyone would ever find his body. Or if there would be anything TO find.

But instead of Mari shrieking in fear or trying to get away from him, she grabs him by the arm and takes him deeper into the store, to one of the fitting/consultation rooms, sits him down on a futon with a plate of macarons and tells him to wait while she picked up some things. So Scarecrow sits and waits on his little futon while chewing on a single sweet while Mari gathers her sketchbook, a catalog of fabrics, and samples. She reappears a few minutes later and plops down on another futon.

Mari starts by saying, "I'm really glad that you took up on my offer! Sorry for being so rude back there but I had to keep you distracted and it seemed like the way to do it." Scarecrow tries to say, "wait I'm not-" then cuts himself off, startled by her apology (and admittedly he was interested in getting an outfit from her, he had seen her designs on the other rogues and they are amazing) so Mari goes on, "oh and don't worry about the fear gas thing. It's nothing new."

Then she starts talking about the outfits and designs and fabrics while Scarecrow just sits there dumbfounded. 'Nothing new'? How is his fear gas 'nothing new'? Had he gotten her before? If he had then he's screwed! This was all for nothing! He'd have to move and change his name and undergo plastic surgery and-His thoughts were cut off by the accented voice of the French designer next to him. She was asking for his input on the outfit and offering him another macaron. He took the macaron and finally regained his voice and they began to talk about what he wanted and what she thought was best. They finished the consultation in the wee hours of the morning and Scarecrow left feeling relaxed and full.

A week later, Mari has his new outfit ready to go. Needless to say, it's perfect. It looks a lot more polished than his previous outfits, has the desired horror/creepy effect, is amazingly practical (has a ton of pockets), and is overall an upgrade. It fits him great and like with everyone else, Mari made him a bonus gift. For him, she made a hand-woven straw hat and gloves burlap gloves lined with leather on the inside to complete his look. He loves the whole outfit and adores the gifts.

Next time he shows up to a Rogues get-together in his new outfit, every other client of Mari's collectively converges on him and he has a mini panic attack because they're all just looking him up and down. Then they hand him a shirt that says, 'Marianne Protection Sqaud'. He lets out a sigh of relief as the others go back to whatever they were doing before. He takes his duty as a part of the Squad very seriously.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

This is not My Story.

Creator of the Story :

multifandomscribette/
@MultiFandom Stories And Headcanons