Dame Chanceuse Couture AU - (Mad Hatter/ Baby Doll)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://multifandomscribette.tumblr.com/post/188605194551/dame-chanceuse-couture-au-mad-hatterbaby-doll

Masterpost Link :

https://multifandomscribette.tumblr.com/post/188522124006/dame-chanceuse-conture-au

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Mad Hatter

He purposefully goes looking for her once Mari allowed her existing clients and friend to tell the rest of Gotham's underworld who has been making their clothes for the past two or so months. He wants to get better clothes for his Alices and a new suit and hat would be nice.

He absolutely adores the teas service and pastries she offers him but thinks the storefront could do with a little more Wonderland charm! Despite that, their consultation and fitting go well and he loves her ideas for the pieces. She is able to keep his inspiration in mind and still make it all original design for him and his Alices. Oh, don't even get him started on the Alice dresses! Those are absolutely gorgeous!

He does try to convince her to become one of his Alices, which she politely refuses. That's the point a chill runs up his spine and a threatening air surrounds him. Mari is (seemingly) oblivious to it and continues their consultation like nothing happened, not acknowledging it ever again. He doesn't try to mention it again. Ever. But his luck becomes absolutely rotten for a month or two.

He isn't able to pick up his commission because he is locked up in Arkham but when he goes back to his lair, all the clothes are laid out and delivered to his front room with a note that said, 'I heard you're in Arkham and can't pick these up so I decided to drop them off as a welcome home present. I hope you like them. -Marianne PS, I would have left you some sweets but I didn't want them to get moldy since I didn't know when you'll be back. Please call ahead next time you come by and I'll have something special cooked up!'

That note decides it for him, he is now part of the Marianne Protection Squad. This sunshine child deserves the whole wide world. And he was going to try his damn best to give it to her.

《○》《○》《○》

Baby Doll

She goes to Dame Chanceuse Couture during the month that the Mad Hatter is locked up. She is looking for a new and updated wardrobe, both for business and just for the heck of it. She has seen what the girl can do and wanted at least one piece done by her.

Mari, who loved her show when she was younger and is still a guilty pleasure of hers that she sometimes still puts on while she was still sewing or working on something else, greets her excitedly - because 'Oh Kwami! One of my favorite TV stars in here! And she wants to buy from me!' - but professionally because she's had celebrity clients before and she herself knows how annoying fans can be. Mary is pleasantly surprised at Mari referring to her as 'ma'am' and treating her like an adult instead of a toddler. When she asks why, in her Baby Doll voice, Marianne blushed and says she is a big fan of hers; s plus she knows what it's like to be thought of as a child because of her appearance.

This solidifies Mari as a good person to Mary and Mary as a part of the protection Squad. Thus the child is so wholesome genuine and nice! Gotham doesn't deserve her. She is (literally) the only sunbeam that managed to get through the Gotham's smog. This child is the most precious thing out there!

Mari offers Mary tea and pastries which she gladly takes while they do their consultation Mary ends up ordering a lot more accessories than any of Mari's other clients and not so many clothes but they are all intricate and have alternate functions.

Mari is able to complete it all in a week and a half and Mary loves them all. Mari made a lot of hair bows from the special fabric supplied by Mary (they explode if set on fire and four stuffed animals with hollow compartments in each of them. She also made a plum purple dress with bubble skirt on commission n=buy she also made four other dresses in various shades of pink and purple with various patterns, collars, sleeves, etc. They are all beautiful and unique. Mary tears up because Marianne made her a dress worthy of the red carpet. It's dark magenta, one-shoulder ball gown with a bodice made up of mulberry purple fabric with a lilac purple tulle skirt with shimmering silver lace making up the neckline and sleeves. She even made an intricate silver crown with purple sapphire, pink spinel, and teardrop pearls.

Mary comes by at least once a month to talk with Mari and they watch older movies with her. The Protection Squad is extremely glad to have her, someone who is possible as dedicated to their cause as their founding members. Mari and Mary hang out a lot since out of all Gotham have to offer, Baby Doll is possibly one of the least active. They went to each other quite often and bond over more media and entertainment industries.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

This is not My Story.

Creator of the Story :

multifandomscribette/
@MultiFandom Stories And Headcanons