Uhm.. Surprise?

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Story Link :

https://justcourttee.tumblr.com/post/623939369638789120/daminette-marinette-accidental-pregnancy-reveal-in

Masterpost Link :

https://justcourttee.tumblr.com/post/628382470392479744/the-ultimate-masterlist

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Marinette felt herself spiraling.

She sat in her apartment bathroom, her head buried into her hands in disbelief. They had finally done it. She was finally pregnant. Oh God, Damian was going to be so happy. Eight long months of trying and failing and here she was, sitting in a damp towel, tears of joy pouring down her face.

"Angel? Are you almost finished getting ready? You know how unreasonable Grayson gets when we are late for this cursed family night."

Marinette wiped the tears from her face, standing as quietly as she could. The problem with marrying a former assassin was that he could always detect the slightest problems with his stupid hearing.

"I'm honestly just finishing up drying off. It'll take another 15 at least to get dressed and put on some basic makeup."

The pause on the other side of the door sent a shiver of fear through her spine. Maybe she hadn't kept her voice level enough, maybe he could hear her excited undertones, maybe-

"Alright my love, but just know, you are risking the wrath of little Grayson as well."

Marinette rolled her eyes at his nickname for Dick and Barbara's child. He had only ever called his niece by name once, other than that, it was always little Grayson, or the spawn of satan. (Honestly though, from the stories they had told Marinette, maybe making him babysit the child was Dick's revenge for Damian's own childhood.)

She waited until she was sure he was no longer at the door before she released the quietest squeal she could manage. Maybe she would tell him after family night. After all, they were in every right to celebrate this victory together.

《○》《○》《○》

Stepping out of the portal, Marinette didn't even have the chance to detransform before she lost her stomach in Alfred's shrubbery. Immediately, Damian was by her side, a wary look on his face as he did his best to hold back her hair from the assault.

"Are you alright angel? Portaling has never had that effect on you before."

Marinette nodded as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, calling off the transformation.

'So no portalling for the next few months. Noted.'

Pulling out a can of mints, Marinette swallowed three of them before breathing out a sigh of relief. Giving an okay to Damian, he pushed open the door, offering his arm for her to take.

"About damn time!"

Marinette sidestepped at the last second as Jason tackled Damian to the ground, putting him into a headlock as he ruffled her husband's hair.

"You two lovebirds realize that you left me in an insufferable situation right? There's like three kids and that's not even counting Dickie bird."

A vague 'hey' echoed through the hallways followed by laughter. Marinette shook her head as she tapped out for Damian, helping him up from the ground.