Sick Day | 3 🌧

Zoro's POV:

"You didn't lose anything, so relax." I reassured, seeing Luffy this way made me feel pissed off. He wasn't the type to cry over losing at a game.

Besides, we didn't even bid on anything, so he had nothing to lose either way, why's he acting so immature now? Sheesh.

"I- I did lose!" I could sense a tremble in his voice, but I didn't feel sympathy towards him, I was just confused, so I talked to him about it.

"It's just a game, Luffy." Thinking that could make him feel some sort of comfort, I spoke without thinking about the consequences I would be faced with later on.

And boy, there were definitely consequences...

"MY EMOTIONS ARE NOT A GAME!" Luffy pushed me back, nearly knocking my weak body over.

"Emotions?! Who said I was talking about that, I was referring to the soccer game, idiot." I defended, rubbing my aching back.

Dammit, he sure is a lot stronger when he's angry.

"It's because of that soccer game that you started to ignore me, isn't it! I don't wanna win if it means losing you." I then understood what Luffy was holding in this entire time, despite having trouble comprehending it at first.

My initial reaction was to sit on the side of my bed, inviting him to sit next to me, to which he agreed.

Once seated, I began to explain the reason behind me distancing myself from him.

"See how I am now? I did a stupid thing yesterday and got sick because of it." He looked at me with his angry brows and flushed cheeks.

"You think I wanted to get you sick as well?" He went silent for a moment. I suppose I managed to catch him off guard like always, he needs to listen more carefully next time, this kid...

"You were thinking about my health?" My eyes started twitching while I realized how cheesy I sounded before.

"MORON! You're the damn Captain of this ship, if you get sick, we can't manage!" I can't manage... Not when I know he'd get sick because of me.

"Oh, so that was it!" I saw the way he instantly adapted to a happier personality, drying his tears away.

Something tells me that this sudden "happiness" wasn't for no reason.

- Author's POV:

A sudden burst of energy had taken over Luffy, and right where he was sitting, he got up and stood beside where Zoro was.

"Hey hey hey, I don't like that... What're you plotting, you little monkey." He teased, making Luffy bounce up and down, mimicking the sounds a monkey makes.

"Let's see, since Zoro's not mad at me, Zoro has no reason to push me away anymore, does he?" The boy asked, a smile growing wider by the minute onto his face as he continued to dance around.

"No, Zoro's not- I mean, I'm not mad. Stop making me sound stupid!" He facepalmed himself, sighing deeply.

"Still, I don't trust in that new attitude. You're planning on doing something, aren't you?" He grinned, eager to receive an answer from the cheeky Captain.

But to his dismay, he didn't do anything. Instead, Luffy shrugged, walking away.

"I was just checking up on you, call me if you need anything, Zoro!" Zoro rested his head against the bed frame, watching the younger leave his room.

"More sleep for me, I guess." Just like that, the peaceful silence lead Zoro to drift off into a deep sleep.

In his dreams, he was slicing through even the most toughest of pillars, boulders, and trees, each being cut in half by his swords.

As satisfying as he was, there was an odd noise coming from the forest Zoro was in that wasn't allowing him to swing his swords in peace anymore.

He wandered around, making his way towards the noise that had disturbed his tranquillity. That's where he noticed a yellowish straw hat shining in the horizon.

"Is that Luffy? Can't be..." He smiled in his sleep, waving his swords around as free as he could.

"HYACK!!" ... Unfortunately, his peace was shortly lived when Zoro's body was rammed in by Luffy, instantly awakening him from his dream.

He grabbed Luffy by his collar, squinting his eyes at him.

"Coast is clear!"

"You better have a good ass explanation for waking me-" Zoro's eyes widened when Luffy silenced his lips with a kiss.

He struggled to move away, pushing himself back from the eager younger boy who kept moving towards him.

"We can't do this, Luffy." Feeling rejected by the older, his Captain had a look of depression on his face.

"Don't be like that, man. Just wait 'til I get better, alright?" He placed his hand against Luffy's hips, smiling at him, yet his actions weren't returned by the younger.

"I'll be back soon." His mysterious disappearance raised Zoro's suspicions once again, but given that Luffy promised he would return, the man simply waited for him to come back.

"What could you be up to now..."

~~~