MINE | 4 🔥

⚠WARNING: MATURE LANGUAGE AHEAD⚠

~~~

Luffy's body went numb for a moment as he looked at Zoro who appeared quieter than usual, too quiet for his liking.

"Thank you for the book, Law. It was a great birthday present!" Thanking the older man, Luffy walked towards Zoro, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Let's go." Luffy told him, not wanting to start a conversation with the older until he was out of the Café.

Zoro remained silent even after they made it out of the Café, not mentioning a single word to Luffy, killing him with his silence.

His body seemed tense, as if he were holding back on telling him something. Though, right now, the younger thought it was probably best to not mention much of anything to Zoro.

However, he couldn't stand to see the way he was behaving in front of Law. That disturbance he created was enough to snap Luffy out of his trance and confront him about it.

"Hey Zoro, what was that about? You should go back and apologize to him." His words were like a ticking bomb to Zoro; he could explode at any minute.

"Speaking of apologies, I think you're the one that owes me one." He said, his voice sounding lower than normal. Luffy could tell something was wrong with Zoro, but decided not to talk about it right away.

"I would, if I did something wrong. But I didn't, so I don't have to." He jokingly stuck his tongue out at the man, acting playful.

"WH- WHAT ARE YOU- Ouch!" Zoro grabbed Luffy's wrists and squeezed them tightly, causing his hands to start throbbing.

"Zoro," The boy squeezed his eyes shut as Zoro got uncomfortably close to his face.

"Did you think I didn't see what did back there? Who the hell do you take me for? Fucking look at me!" His screams alarmed the few people around him, so Luffy lowered his head.

"Zoro, everyone's looking at you. Let's talk about this when we get back to the ship, okay?" His breathing hitched as Zoro released his arms from his tight grip.

When Luffy looked down at them, they were incredibly red. Just moving his wrists caused him pain, but the amount of adrenaline in his body prevented the pain from caving in so easily.

"Walk." Zoro instructed with a bittersweet voice that sent shivers down the boy's spine.

"Hold on! Back away from him, you beast." Law shouted from behind Luffy, snatching him out of Zoro's sight.

"Are you okay? Let me see." When the quiet boy showed his wrists to him, Law could tell how hard Zoro had handled him. They had bruised almost instantly.

"It doesn't hurt, don't worry." Luffy forced out a smile, but unlike the one from this morning, he couldn't fake being okay as tears were already brimming from the corner of his eyes.

"Luffy... I'm-"

"You bastard!" Before Zoro could explain himself, Law had already swung a fist to his face, sending him flying to the ground.

"Stop stop! Don't do this, please." Luffy begged, being pushed away by Law in the midst of their argument.

"You wanted a battle, well now you've got one, motherfucker." Law announced, declaring war upon Zoro who was wiping the blood off of his lips.

Feeding into temptation, Zoro accepted what he had started.

"Bring it on." Their bodies clashed in the blink of an eye, invoking a bloodthirsty battle that lead Zoro and Law to use their powers to a full potential.

Luffy stood back, letting them settle their differences between each other, keeping a close eye on the two powerful forces.

Not saying a word to one another, their rage spoke for them, but the words it was preaching weren't very humble.

Zoro was launched into the ocean, but so was Law, along with the force of his own kick.

Being a devil fruit consumer, his abilities to swim were cut short and caused him to start drowning.

Meanwhile, the swordsman had taken advantage of this situation and was about to slice through Law's skin. Just then, Luffy noticed this and jumped into the ocean as well.

"Luffy!" Zoro swam towards him but Luffy was clever and grabbed ahold of the darker haired man's arm, ultimately bringing Zoro to rescue him as well.

"ENOUGH! No more fighting!" The boy spoke, coughing up the water he partially suffocated on moments before being saved.

"Zoro, you're my first mate and we've fought by each other countless times... But Law helped me when I was wounded badly after I lost Ace. Please, both of you, stop fighting already! I'll kick both of your asses!" Zoro and Law both flinched when Luffy kicked their legs.

Most of the people at the festival had left by now when their fight scared them off, but Luffy's crewmates were still hanging around, unaware of the situation Zoro and Luffy were in.

"I don't have to stand for this." Zoro stood up and started to walk away when Luffy inhaled deeply.

"Roronoa, if you walk away now... I WON'T LET YOU COME BACK ON THE SHIP, ZORO!" The younger shouted, breathing heavily.

"DON'T BOTHER." Zoro shouted back, making Luffy stumble back on his feet, colliding with the grass.

"I'm not going back, find another swordsman."

~~~