Stray Cat | 7 🐈

~ Later that night ~

Hours after eating, repeating their same routine as usual, Zoro observed the cat, carefully. His energy wasn't the same as before, but he thought it was because he needed his sleep already.

"I wouldn't blame him, I get pretty powerless without my sleep... Even if I do sleep for nearly fourteen hours every day." The man thought, exposing himself along the way with his bad sleep habits of drinking late at night and awakening until the very next day.

"Let's go, little one." He carried the cat as it coiled up into a ball.

"Argh!" Zoro nearly dropped the feline onto the floor when being scratched by his long claws.

"Sorry..." The cat apologized, sounding awfully strange. His voice didn't seem as soft as before. Zoro was so tired in that moment to even think clearly, so he let it slide, just for tonight knowing they were both tired.

"Masterrrrrr, I wanna sleep with you again!" After being scratched so many times, the man disagreed on allowing his cat back onto the bed with him, afraid he would lose an eye because of him.

"Not tonight, sleep in your bed, okay?" Growing comfortable with his master's hospitality, the greedy cat found a way to beg him to stay on his bed.

"I cannot, this floor reminds me of when I used to sleep in the streets... But... I guess I could just stay here." Zoro fell for his scheme, tapping his hand on the bed to signal Luffy to jump onto it.

"Come on, you big baby. I've never met a more childish cat, you know that?"

"Aww come on, could you really leave me all alone there?" The short cat hopped up onto the bed, lying down on Zoro's stomach.

"This is considered blackmail, but I'll allow it for just one more night."

"One more is all I need." Overhearing the words the cat muttered before shutting his eyes brought confusion to Zoro.

"What's that supposed to mean, huh?"

Zzz...

"Hmm?"

Zzz...

"He's already asleep?! Jeez, he really might beat me for sleeping more hours than I do." Calling it a night, the man turned his lights off, turning to his side to cuddle up with his cat.

~~~

The sizzling sounds of rain falling had ceased at long last, letting the sun breathe beneath the rain clouds that were suffocating it for so many days.

"Wake up alreadyyy, I have to show you something!" From the distance in his sleep, Zoro could hear a familiar voice calling out to him.

"Put a sock in it, I'm sleepy." He groaned, pushing the cat away.

"I'm gonna eat everything in your fridge!" He teased, hoping to get Zoro's attention.

"Mmm... I needed to buy food tomorrow anyways, help yourself. Just don't touch my liquor." The cat grinned, thinking of what to say next.

"Oooooooooh, these kitchen knives look cool. Especially the THREE SHINY ONES in-" Zoro took off from the bed, running towards the living room.

"Don't touch my swords, you damn cat!" Upon arrival to the living room where he last left his swords, Zoro realized that everything was just the way he left it, even his kitchen was organized.

Nothing was out of order, and yet... Something just didn't seem to fall into place for the man after he woke up.

His first instinct was to find the cat who had disturb his sleep by pulling a prank on him.

"Haha, very funny, little one. Just because you're A cat, don't think you can get away with-" Zoro stopped talking when seeing someone sitting on his bed.

A short, hooded boy with a scar on the lower corner of his cheek, wearing a pair of blue shorts, and a red hoodie.

"Good morning!" Running up to the man, the boy wrapped his arms around his body to hug him when Zoro tumbled back.

"Who the hell are you!?" He shouted, looking behind him everywhere. The boy was frightened by his shouting, so he decided to introduce himself to avoid any misunderstandings.

"I'm Monkey D. Luffy! I'm 19-years old, in human years, at least. This is my human form, master." Zoro couldn't believe his eyes, the cat he had found a few days ago, who he thought was incapable of speaking the human Language, just like every other cat, was an actual human being the entire time.

"L... Luffy?" The man got closer, approaching the boy with caution. His body was very thin and fragile looking, yet he seemed stronger than he looked.

"Didn't you mention you were originally seventeen?" Zoro asked, confused more than he already was by finding out his cat was still a human.

Luffy nodded at Zoro, a smile peering from the corner of his lips.

"I did, but If I told you I was nineteen, you would have kicked me out for being too old... Just like my parents when they kicked me out of their house when I turned thirteen."

Yet again, the boy managed to surprise Zoro, even in his human form.

"Sit down, I think we have a lot to talk about."

"Hmmmm, okay!" The boy cooperated, sitting down on the corner of Zoro's unmade bed.

Halfway into their conversation, the boy had told  him many things that matched the characteristics of the cat Zoro let into his house two days ago, but to Zoro, it still wasn't enough to convince him.

"How do I know you're not just some neighborhood brat trying to rob me? Prove to me that you're Luffy." He ordered, crossing his arms.

And so, the younger boy removed his hoodie, leaving Zoro speechless.

"Cat ears!" He realized Luffy was definitely not human, but rather a hybrid.

Without hesitating, the boy stood on the bed, holding both of his hands to the waistband of his jeans, tugging at the button until it became undone.

"Wait a minute, what are you doing!?" Zoro's eyes widened, his heart racing with an unknown anticipation of guessing where the boy was heading with his actions.

To his surprise, his dirty mind didn't deceive him, Luffy had actually removed his pants, exposing his tail from inside of them.

"See? It's me, your Luffy!"

"My... Luffy?" The boy jumped onto Zoro, making him trip over and land on the bed.

"WOAH, LUFFY! You're not a cat that weighs 20lbs anymore, you're a human that... That means I've been sleeping with you the entire time, doesn't it."

The boy nodded, looking away for a moment.

"I'm sorry for lying, master Zoro... Do you still like me? Even as a boy?"

"Who knows, I'm about to find out."

~~~