5 | A Chef's Secret V

~ 8:00 p.m. ~

"Ladies and gentlemen, dinner is served!" Sanji called everyone to the dining room after having prepared a delicious feast.

Zoro walked by him, acting almost too casual and calm for his liking. This caused a disturbance in the back of the cook's mind which lead him to start a conversation with him.

"Want more beer, or perhaps a non-alcoholic beverage?" His question didn't seem to stop Zoro from walking away, unfortunately for him.

Sanji was about to insist when Chopper called him over. Because of this, Zoro made his way out of the dining room and walked directly to his bedroom.

"Captain, time to- Oh?" The first thing he noticed when arriving to the room was how peaceful Luffy appeared to be sleeping.

"Luffy, you awake yet?" He reached out to wake him up, yet the younger didn't respond. He simply continued to sleep.

Zoro shrugged, tucking the boy fully, then quietly exited the room.

The first face he encountered was Nami's who was sitting near the entrance of his bedroom.

"Where's Luffy?" She asked out of curiosity. During this, Sanji was walking by with a tray of dishes.

"Sleeping." Zoro replied with little to no interest, grabbing ahold of his fork to eat.

"Ahh, he'll probably wake up when he smells this food! Sanjiiiiiiiiii, more chicken!!" Usopp requested with delight.

"You better eat everything on this plate, mister. Last time you overstuffed yourself and I ended up having to put on your leftovers away." Sanji groaned.

"Yeah, you put 'em away. In our captain's stomach. Don't you remember Luffy ate the rest?" Zoro grinned, making Sanji gulp.

"Let's eat!" He announced, placing the last dish on the table. With that, the pirates began to feast on their dinner.

~Later that night~

As the Strawhats slept peacefully, one was restless, lying wide awake in his bed. That crewmate was Sanji.

He couldn't sleep after what happened in between him and Zoro, the guilt was slowly consuming him, and the regret of what he did to Luffy's food was also weighing down on him, significantly.

All he could think of was how Luffy was feeling, hoping that he didn't get sick because of him.

"I can't believe I let my emotions do something so dangerous. I may have ruined my potential friendship with Zoro, but Luffy... I put so much of that anesthesia medication in his food.

What if something happens to him?

How could he be feeling right now... I hope he's okay."

Not long after having thought of this, Sanji closed his eyes and began to fall asleep when the sound of footsteps raised suspicion within him.

He then realized someone had entered the restroom and decided it was best to let them be, and to get some sleep to start a new day tomorrow.

Little did he know that his night was far from over.

~ 10 Minutes Earlier ~

Luffy's eyes fluttered open as he found himself in a dark room with only a sheer amount of brightness coming from the moonlight illuminating it.

"I must have overslept." Almost instantly, a rumbling in his stomach caused a disturbance within the boy's body.

He quietly got up and walked towards the bathroom but found out that it was occupied.

"Zoro..." Thinking he could wait for his first mate to come out of the bathroom, Luffy attempted to sit back down on the bed, but that task was nearly impossible for him to do as he couldn't feel part of his body from his waist below.

His arms were going numb, so before his legs could grow weak as well, the worried boy rushed out of the room, feeling his body starting to tremble uncontrollably.

"What's happening to me... Everything seems so far a...away." His head started spinning while he headed for the second bathroom outside of his bedroom.

The nearest one was located closer to Chopper's room, but even the hallway seemed far away from where Luffy was standing.

He thought about using his Devil Fruit abilities to stretch his arms and make it to the bathroom faster, but he couldn't use them.

It was then that fear had fully settled in Luffy's mind, causing him to panic. Using what little strength he had left in his legs, he rushed towards the bathroom and struggled to open the door with his hands failing to get a grip on the door handle.

"Come on, come on! Open!" Prying the door open, Luffy's legs no longer held his weight and folded beneath him, causing him to crawl to the toilet.

Almost instantly, he began throwing up and coughing, growing out of breath.

"W-w-why... Why can't I feel my mouth?! Why! Why!" He began hyperventilating, hunching over the toilet bowl but being unable to keep himself stabilized even when kneeling down.

"It's... Cold again."

~~~

The sound of a door squeaking in the darkness emitted from Zoro and Luffy's shared bedroom. He finally walked out of the restroom a few moments after Luffy left to the second bathroom they had recently constructed in their Thousand Sunny boat.

Yawning to himself, he crawled back into the bed, closing his eyes almost instantly. He had reached out to wrap his arms around Luffy as they would normally do when falling asleep, but to his surprise, the slender boy wasn't huddled on the opposite side he sleeps in.

This didn't really concern Zoro, he was just momentarily caught off guard but eventually went back to sleep.

"He's probably in the kitchen stealing Usopp's leftover chicken. Come to think of it... Luffy never really ate anything, he slept through dinner. He must be starving."

A loud, disruptive noise startled almost everyone awake instantly, making Zoro rush out of the bedroom.

"What the hell is going on?!"

~~~