2 | A Chef's Secret II

~ Part two ~

The sun grew hotter and everyone was out basking in the brightness it brought them after having survived a major storm a few days ago, leaving them  with nothing but cloudy skies for awhile.

Sanji suddenly walked out onto the deck, smiling brightly and twirling around with freshly chopped fruits within separate mini bowls.

The first batch he carried in his hands, consisting of four plates. The others he had left stored away in the kitchen to not drop them on his way towards the others.

"Mademoiselle, for you." He said, handing Nami the first bowl with a very pretty bright orange tint on the outside.

Every bowl had its own specific color. Sanji bought them for each of the crewmates to make it easier to distinguish their meals and for personal preference.

"Mellorine number TWOOOOO!" His heart eyes could be spotted from a mile away while attending to Nami and Robin.

"Alrighty, here's yours too." He handed the last two bowls to Franky and Brook, then excused himself to get the other four for Jinbe, Chopper, Luffy, and Zoro.

The specially designed bowls awaited him at the kitchen counter, where he stared down at them for awhile before deciding to only come back out with a set of two more in his hands, handing them to Chopper and Jinbe.

"Pardon me, I'll return with yours in just a minute." He excused himself, returning to the kitchen once more, taking one good look at the last remaining bowls full of clean, perfectly handpicked fruits.

His eyes grew dilated with envy as he looked out the kitchen window to hear Zoro and Luffy's laughter in sync with so much joy.

The way Luffy latched his long arms around Zoro and giggled made him appear obnoxious to Sanji.

"Moss head never laughed that loudly before. How strange." He grinned, bending down to open a tiny cabinet no one ever bothers to look inside of.

Sanji himself has never once stored anything within that kitchen cabinet because of how abnormally tiny it is. Because of this, not even a single mug could fit inside of it, let alone a plate.

Its use made no sense to him at all, up until this very moment. He barely slid his hand through it, reaching for something stored near the entrance of such a small cabinet.

"Bingo, there you are." Out came a tiny bottle with a torn label at the very front of it, making the substance inside of it impossible to read.

His heart raced while gently turning the squeezable top clockwise until he successfully opened it and pulled out a small amount of the substance within the dropper bottle.

Its color itself seemed intimidating, even to Sanji, as the murky brown droplet threatened to drop out at just the squeeze of his fingertips.

He stopped his actions for a moment, going slightly numb while carefully thinking about what he was about to do and the consequences it could bear.

"Stupid swordsman... Damn you..." He clenched his jaw, finally seeing he had a moment to himself.

Those deep, dark thoughts got the best of Sanji, tempting him furthermore to pursue his sick goal of adding in the liquid potion into the bowl.

"Just one... It'll only be one." Reading the label on the back, he read that this product can be proven very dangerous if given more than three droplets to the patient.

The medication is also meant to be prescribed to ill patients by a doctor, not taken anonymously by just anyone.

"Chopper's liquid anesthetic... Just one little-" The sounds of laughter continued, and by now, Sanji was distracted by music that started playing outside.

"Slow down, you'll get drunk like last night!" Zoro unintentionally shouted, making everyone go silent.

"ZOROOOO, YOU EXPOSED OUR SECRET!" Luffy hid his face in Zoro's shirt while the older man slightly pushed him back, his face glowing red out of the embarrassment he felt.

"IDIOT, DON'T BLAME ME!" Nami slammed her hand on the table, laughing uncontrollably at the two lovers while the others teased them.

Sanji was overcome with emotions in that moment that he no linger remembered the dangers within the dropper bottle.

"I... I poured it in." Taking a deep breath in, he let the adrenaline rush of anger take control of his body for a moment and finished preparing the plates.

Among the rest, Luffy's appeared to be the most admired of them all.

"WOAAAAAAAAH, AMAZING! Thank you, Sanji!" Luffy's cheeks were red, half intoxicated with the alcohol he had been drinking with Zoro and Franky.

"Already drinking beer, boys? Isn't it too early to be drinking?" He asked, his heartbeat racing with anticipation to see Luffy's reaction after consuming the anesthetic.

"Thank you." Zoro spoke, eating the fruits in his bowl. Sanji nodded, walking away after awhile, his legs growing unstable out of how nervous he felt.

"And now... We wait." He spoke to himself, unsure if he made the right decision.

Either way, it was too late for him to take anything back now. Little did he know, the huge mistake he made when giving Luffy that bowl of poisoned fruits.

~~~