Dame Chanceuse Couture AU - (Girls Night Out)

Start from the beginning

Marianne was overcome with emotions at that moment. Selena's hug felt like a mother's hug. Something she hadn't experienced in years yet here it was and it was amazing. She wrapped her own arms around Selena and bit back a grin. It felt so nice to know someone cared for her like that, who thought of her like that.

"Thank you," she ended up whispering as she pulled away with an unrestrained and overjoyed smile on her face.

Now the four of them sat in Harley's car, cruising through the city, looking for something fun and mostly legal for all of them to do. So far they've agreed to visit Wayne Botanical Gardens, surprisingly at Mari's request and not Ivy's. After Mari released that she hadn't actually seen much of the city since moving here, the three older women decided to show her all the best things about Gotham City, which, let's face it, wasn't much but it was all enjoyable nonetheless. The docks, while a hotbed of criminal activity, were not very threatening when one was with the Gotham Sirens and viewed as Catwoman's protege.

Mari is now just a little bit more open to using a Miraculous again. She had nearly forgotten how great it felt to feel the wind in her hair and the power and safety surrounding her whole being that was caused by the Kwami and Miraculous use. It all felt so familiar and brought back some of her best memories of Paris, leaping across the rooftops and scaling the Eiffel Tower. All the beautiful nights she spent patrolling, making sure her city was safe. She missed all that so much that it physically hurt. She wanted that back so badly.

So when her Aunties set course for the Gotham Botanical Gardens, Marianne swallowed all of her reservations and asked, "Can we run? On the rooftops?" At the beat of silence that followed her question, Mari felt the urge to explain herself, "I've always wanted to try and what better time than now, with all of you here! I know you'd never allow me to fall," - not like that'd happen either way but it was a good way to try and convince them - "and I promise I'll be careful!"

The three other women in the car looked at each other for a moment, the silent exchange of words making up a conversation in the silence that was nearly crushing poor Mari. Selena wasn't too fond of the idea, fearing for her kitten's safety regardless of who was present to keep her safe while Harley was all for it. Their niece had a lovely idea and she wasn't afraid to ask about it. Usually, the only time the small bluenette was confident was in her boutique, working on a design for someone or another, and yet here she was, asking for something instead of bottling it up inside. Now that's what she called progress! Ivy was somewhere in the middle. She was worried for their little sapling's safety but she knew that she could trust the other women with them to help keep her safe. Selena trusted them too but she felt as though she could never be too careful when it came to Mari. But they all end up agreeing anyway.

And that's how they ended up here, with Mari on the rooftop of Gotham's tallest building, Wayne Industries Tower, with a grin on her face, the wind in her hair and feet planted on the edge of the largest gargoyle in the entire city. Auntie Ivy and Harley were off trying to obtain some food for them to eat and knowing them it was going to be some strange vegetarian dish that none of them ever heard of before. A smile made its way onto her face as she thought about that, remembering how Auntie Selena said that she was going to snoop around the building she was standing on to see what juicy gossip she could find. And possibly some expensive information but she didn't say that. And Mari hadn't asked. In retrospect, that's probably why what happened next happened.

Mari's cat ears picked up the sound of another person landing a little ways behind her, and she immediately whirled around, gloved hands grabbing her staff from its holster. She extended it to a fighting length and crouched into a fighting position, her ears folded back against her head as she prepared to defend herself or strike back if necessary. To her surprise, the silhouette that greeted her wasn't extremely tall and bulky or in any way familiar at all. No, this one was tall and lean, with a cape - the first thing that stopped her from jumping to conclusions - and surprisingly had its hands raised where she could see them.

As a blimp passed overhead, she noticed the colors of his costume. Red, yellow, black, and green. So this was Robin. Crap. That means Batman is close by and he - He was after Auntie Selena. Of course, that's why they're here. Because curiosity killed the cat - she could almost hear Auntie Selena whispering "and satisfaction brought it back" in her ear.

She took a step back just as Robin opened his mouth to say something, wanting some additional distance between herself and the caped crusader, almost forgetting about standing on the ledge of the stone gargoyle. A plan formed instantly in her head just as she slipped off the building. She heard a wordless shout just as gravity took her in its embrace and began dragging her down. A serene sigh escaped her as the wind tore through her, providing minimal resistance and she closed her eyes, counting backward from twenty, baton still in hand.

Just as she reached two, her fingers ready to press the paw-shaped button on her staff, she felt a strong arm wrapped around her waist and forcefully remove her from gravity's sweet embrace. She let out an oomph as her eyes flew open, wide with incredulity and fear as she twisted around, locking her ankles around his and wrapping her own arms around his torose, claws digging into his back. Instead of the black leather clad chest, the one she was currently pressed against was red and black and definitely clear clad.

Not Chat Noir. Not Chat Noir. Not Chat Noir, she chanted in her head as squeezed her eyes shut once more and tried to calm her breathing. He can't touch you here. He doesn't know you're here, she reminded herself. It's going to be alright.

Mari felt her feet briefly connect to a solid surface before she felt her world tilt to the side, heard a grunt and thud at the same time that she felt her shoulder hit gravel. Opening her eyes, she found herself rolling across a gravel-covered rooftop, still in the gentle yet firm embrace of Robin, who was now cradling her head close, probably trying to minimize damage to them both as he hid his face in her hair. They came to a stop when her back hit the other end of the roof and they bounced back, finally coming to a full stop with her smaller frame on top of his taller one.

She opened her eyes, looking up to meet his masked ones. They were wide as they met her catlike ones, hands still in her hair. She sprang up immediately upon finally regaining her metaphorical footing, her lips falling open, words on the tip of her tongue but none making their way past her lips.

Finally, she managed to choke out, "So sorry. Bye." Before getting up from her kneeling position next to his still prone form and running across the rooftop, using her baton to propel herself away and towards her home.

《○》《○》《○》

She didn't tell her Aunties about her run-in with Gotham's junior vigilante. She also didn't tell them why she had run home so easily. The Kwamis knew and that was enough.

Meanwhile, Gotham's vigilantes were confused about the appearance of another car-themed Rogue. Who was she?

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

This is not My Story.

Creator of the Story :

multifandomscribette/
@MultiFandom Stories And Headcanons