Chapter 11. Stuck at the Garden House

The garden house is near the B National park on the north side. It's a beautiful cozy place, with a huge, fenced yard, a green garden full of trees, and a wooden bench. Inside the two-story building, there is a huge balcony with a dining table and four chairs. The first floor contains a huge living room with a glass wall with a view of the garden and upstairs a pool table, two rooms, one master that has a glass roof that lightens the room with two big armchairs, a queen-size bed, and a walk-in closet. The second one is smaller but comfortable with a bookshelf and a huge bed. It's fancy and modern. And looks expensive as hell. 

"Whose house is this?" 

"A friend of mine who heard about your condition offered for you to stay here." 

"You heard the doctor. My condition is not that bad. I just can't afford to get the virus." 

"Exactly! Therefore, you stay here. The place is stocked so don't worry. I'll check on you once the first phase of lockdown is over." 

"What? You're leaving me? I thought you said you would keep an eye on me?" 

He gets up from the sofa toward the door

"The curfew starts from tomorrow. Don't go anywhere. I'll send you someone." 

"Wait! Your generous friend doesn't want to use this house himself?" 

Hyung considers the question

"I assume he doesn't. Stop questioning me. I have to go" 

He opens the door

"Wait! I don't want a nurse. Just take me back home I will manage." 

"God! You're too much hassle. Go back in. And wear that damn mask even in the yard." 

He leaves by saying that. Great. Now I'm alone in a big fancy house and don't know what to do.

*

Ilay on the comfy couch by the glass wall, staring at the twinkling lights ofthe city, then go back to my phone, scrolling up and down bored and it's onlybeen half a day here. The house is pretty and I'm not one of those people whogo stir crazy staying home for long, but this week I have been restless all thetime so keeping busy at the office was a lifesaver. I hear a clunking soundfrom the yard and then the front door opens with a familiar barking sound.Heart pounding, I get up to welcome the jumpy dog at the entrance, no sign ofthe owner. Great. Just great. I bend to pat the dog to calm him down and that'swhen Dae Sung shows up with a small suitcase dragged behind him. I get upstartled, realization sinking in as I know now who the rich generous friend ofHyung is! 

"Please tell me you knew I would be here and I didn't break-in." 

I glance at the wide-open door

"I assume we are waiting for Miss. Han, andI'm here to ruin your little getaway, that would be awkward." 

I clap myhand nervously cursing Hyung under my breath. Dae Sung strides outside withouta word to bring another bag and closes the door, completely ignoring my presence. 

"There won't be a getaway and no Miss. Han either. The shooting ispostponed so I'm here to lock myself in. This is my hiding place." 

"Figures. I'm gonna get my things and I'll be out of your hair once I finda taxi." 

I spin around to go upstairs

"Where do you think you'regoing?" 

"Home?!" 

"Don't be absurd! It was my idea for youto stay here so I can look after you while I'm at it." 

My eyes gowide "You want to look after me?"