Chapter 7. I Believe You

It's nine days that Dae Sung has left and I don't know if he is back. I didn't dare to ask Hyung. He was busy with company matters and I didn't want to disturb him with my whining. Jong Hyun came over again, he didn't ask anything about Dae Sung or that hostile remark about my scars and I didn't bring it up as I felt that he already guessed. We sat in my leaving room and watched "Old Boy" and he installed a dating application on my phone

"Don't be a pumpkin-head and find someone from this app." 

I went through the guys avatars laughing lightly

"God! Why there is no face here? Or the angle is not right?"

He reached for the phone to rotate it

"Here! Nice body, look at those pectorals. People around here don't risk showing their faces. You should go with the body and your gut!" 

"This is not gonna work. I want someone to connect, how can I connect with their upper body?"

" You can always connect to the bottom part though" 

He jokes and it takes me a few seconds to get his dirty implication. 

I snort "Your mouth doesn't have any filter." 

"All I'm saying is that you don't have to go around and announce that you are looking for the love of your life. Not all people are crazy like me to befriend you instead of taking advantage of you. Or fucking your brain out in an ally" 

His lips twitch in a smile. I slap his shoulder

"You talk like that again and I flog you." 

"I don't think you can hurt a bee." 

"I can try." 

"But seriously give those six-packs a chance. They look good for licking" 

"God! Shut up!" I laugh. 

My phone goes off. "It's my Hyung." 

I connect the line" Hyung!" 

I say in a fake cheerful tone. 

"Nam Il! What are you doing? Did you go to your weekly checkup?" 

"You know what? I should give you my mom's phone so you two can make a proper hellish plan to bust my balls 24/7. Although you don't speak a common language I'm pretty sure you two can come up with some creative ways to torture me." 

"I need an answer instead of blabbers." 

I sigh inwardly" Fine. I missed the checkup this week. I reschedule for the next Friday. Does that sound good?" 

"No!" He screams and I shove the phone away from my poor ear. 

"Is this about Dae Sung's trip? Listen, boy! You knew he was supposed to marry from the beginning and now that he is away, he thought it would be a great chance for both of them to renew their romance before the marriage. That's why Miss. Han has joined him on that trip. still, it's no reason for you to go on the self-destructive path again." 

"What? Is this why he isn't back yet?" 

"You didn't know that?" 

"Not until you said it and no. I didn't skip the doctor's appointment on purpose. I was busy at the office and kinda forgot. But thank you for your update about the pre-honeymoon of my unrequited love. I got to go" 

I disconnect and look at Jong Hyun

"That wasn't pretty!" 

"Screw you!" My lips are smiling but my heart is heavy with bitterness weighing on it. I guess Thailand is a romantic place to reconcile and reignite their love.