Birds, Bugs, and Ballroom Dancing

Start from the beginning

Upon entering Marinette easily spotted Alfred, Damien having showed her a picture so she could recognise him, and made her way over.

"Hello Mr.Pennyworth my name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, thank you for coming to pick me up I hope it wasn't an issue."

"Hello Ms. Dupain-Cheng, it was no issue and please, call me Alfred."

"Only if you call me Marinette, I know my last name can be a bit long."

"Certainly Ms.Marinette, now if would please follow me to the car I will escort you to the gala."

Alfred then lead Marinette outside, holding the door to lobby open for her, and bringing her to the "car", Marinette stopped when seeing the vehicle.

"Alfred... that's not a car."

"Perhaps not a standard one, but by definition it is a "car" Ms.Marinette." Alfred said while holding the car door open for her.

In all honesty that "car" was a limo, stunned, Marinette slowly made her way over and slid into her seat. Alfred gently shut the door behind her and made his way to the driver's seat. After Alfred sat down and started the limo he addressed Marinette.

"Ms.Marinette, Master Damien would like to apologize for not coming to pick you up himself, he unfortunately had a problem come up at Wayne Enterprise."

"It's okay Alfred, I know if he could pick me up he would, I'm just happy I won't have to take a taxi in this dress."

Alfred looked at Marinette in the review mirror looking almost scandalized.

"A lovely young women taking a taxi alone in Gotham at night? Certainly not! If I had not been available to escort you, I'm certain someone else would have."

Marinette blushed at being called "lovely" and the drive to the gala continued.

Gala:

Damien was straightening his tie in the mirror(Damien is wearing a standard high end suit), the gala was just starting to get underway and guests were slowly beginning to arrive, when Dick walked up behind him.

"Hey Baby Bird, we finally get to meet you Lady Bird."

"Grayson please refrain from any ridiculous nick-names tonight, this is meant to be a formal event."

"What Demon Spawn means is he does want us to embarrass him in front of his date." Jason interrupted as he and Tim walked in as well. Damien flushed faintly, which he claims is from being too warm in his suit, at Jason's statement.

"I don't believe I asked your opinion Todd." Damien stated, turning his head away from Jason.

Tim couldn't help himself from teasing Damien either.

"Like the brat could actually get a date Jason, let alone a cute one."

"Drake!" Damien growled.

"Come on guys, if we get into a fight now we'll mess up our suits and then Alfred will be disappointed in all of us." Dick tried to reason.

The other 3 stopped not wanting to face Alfred's disappointment, just in time, as Bruce walked in to gather up the boys.

"Come on boys, the people are starting to arrive and Damien; Alfred will be arriving with Marinette soon, you might want to go greet her."

Damien walked to the entrance, with his brothers and Bruce following behind him.

Entrance:

The Wayne family began welcoming the guests as they came and smiling for the media, when a break between arrivals came up; Dick, Jason and Tim continued quietly teasing Damien.