“Those numbers represent the number of people who have been looking for information on Vince Haidel and Theodore Miller, respectively, since yesterday.”

“…?!”

The eyes of the two people widened when they heard this. They had achieved some fame from yesterday’s awards ceremony, but they hadn’t expected so many people to pay attention to them. Considering that those who were qualified to access information at the Magic Society were limited, it was a considerably large force.

As Vince and Theo stiffened, Blundell shook his head and released some of the tension.

“Well, you don’t have to worry. I realized this and blocked it before the ceremony began. The only one with more authority than me is His Majesty, so you can relax.”

“…Did you know it would be like this?”

“It always happens. Every year, people keep trying to recruit promising participants. The scale is just bigger this time,” Blundell replied calmly while sipping his tea.

On the other hand, Vince couldn’t help frowning. He despised these political things and had escaped the capital, but the same people were now reaching out to his disciple. As anger boiled within him, his six circles emitted magic power unconsciously. The air around them quickly became heavy.

The wrath of a 6th Circle magician was truly terrible. Fortunately, there was one more powerful magician in the room.

“Come now, don’t get too heated up.” Then Blundell beckoned.

Chill.

The air instantly cooled down. The distorted air became cool like the autumn wind, allowing Theo to know the power of the being before his eyes. It was an absolute magic where chanting and casting were meaningless!

The power of this magician, who had reached the 8th Circle 30 years ago, was closer to a natural disaster. If Blundell wanted, he could create ice with one flick of his finger. He could make Sylvia’s Blizzard look like child’s play, and it was even possible to cover sand with ice.

After cooling down the atmosphere, Blundell spoke, “Even if you are a 6th Circle magician, you can’t throw away politics. It isn’t a wise choice to be antagonistic to those in power.”

“Then what would the wise Tower Master do?”

“Huh? If it were me, I’d just beat up all them up. I’m an 8th Circle magician, so I don’t care about stepping on them.”

As the two people gaped at the ridiculous words, Blundell laughed and pulled something out.

“That is a joke. I’ve prepared this for you.”

“That…?”

It was an envelope stamped with the seal of the Magic Society. Unlike Theo who had a bewildered expression, Vince knew exactly what it was.

“Is it a dispatch? Theodore is still just the Basic ranking.”

“If you can’t get rid of the shit, avoid it. It is better than staying in your room until the end of the magic contest.” Blundell smiled with satisfaction as he added, “Theodore, hasn’t it been five years since you returned home? How would you like to take this opportunity to go back?”

“Huh? Return to my home?”

“Coincidentally, the destination of this dispatch mission is to the Miller Barony.”

“Ah…!”

This made the story a bit different. Vince could remove Theodore from the nuisance eyes of the nobles without worrying about offending them, and Theo could meet his family after a long time. It wasn’t a bad proposition if the difficulty level of the request was reasonable.