CHAPTER 49

THIRD PERSON POV

"No wonder that old man one day asks me about something that a child would like to have as a gift. I didn't know that he have already in his mind, that gift is the Empire itself. I've never doubt him as he knows what's best for the business. You see, you are pretty impressive just now. You're young but quick on your feet, I am looking forward for the new Sandoval Empire" sambit naman ng isang Chief Police sa kaniya habang nasa isang siradong opisina sila habang may kape na nakalagay sa lamesa.

Ngumiti naman si Dark ng marinig niya ito, he have the smile of an intelligent person, very similar to what his Grandfather have "Grandfather taught me how this world works as well as my mom." Saad niya naman sa kaniya habang nakangiti.

"Those two they have great tandem, it is just a shame that your mother don't want anything with the Empire" the Police Officer doesn't seem to be so old, but rather on his 50's but he knows so well about the story.

"It looks like you knew something about them? Do they have strange relationship other than a rebel daughter and a strict father?" Tanong niya naman sa kaniya and so as the officer smiled a bit.

"My father knows really well about those two, and I always caught them talking seriously about things like the business and how stubborn your mother. They have the strange relationship but rather a normal one in their world, because no matter how they argued they end up agreeing at the end and having similar thoughts about things. They are not too vocal of how they feel with each other and treat each other as just colleague" saad niya naman sa kaniya na siyang ikinatango niya naman.

"Well, it is better that she is holding herself from being a monster. Because your grandfather always says to me that your mother is a monster even without trying" sambit niya at ngumiti naman siya. "You are right, she is the monster that has been created by hatred. But, she chooses to be in the light side, as she does not want that hatred to grow bigger and control her" Dark mumbles that makes the officer smiles.

"I see, you have a great relationship to your mother" saad niya naman sa kaniya na siyang ikinatawa niya naman dito. "Good relationship, my ass. She and I never agreed on some things just like what's her relationship to his father. I guess birds that have sane wings, flocked together" sambit niya naman sa kaniyang isipan habang di makapaniwala sa tinuran ng Chief Police.

May kumatok naman sa pintuan ng kwarto kung saan sila ay nag-uusap. "What is it?" Tanong niya naman rito at may pumasok.

"May meeting raw ho kayo ng mga higher ups ngayon" sambit ng isang babae na naka police uniform. "Sige, thank you sa paalala" pagkatapos niyang sambitin ito ay umalis din ito. Tumayo naman ang Chief at inayos ang kaniyang uniporme.

"Nice seeing you, Dark. It is good to exchange words with you" sambit niya naman sa kaniya at tumayo naman si Dark para makipag-handshake.

"I am grateful that we are in the same page, we will never break the contract that just signed as a sign of a peace agreement" saad niya naman dito at ininom niya ang kape na kanina pa nakatihaya sa lamesa. "Shall we walk down together, Chief?" Tanong niya naman rito at tumango naman ito sa kaniya.

Nang makalabas naman siya ay sinindihan niya ang sigarilyo na nasa pocket niya kanina. Huminga naman siya ng malalim, "This day feels so short, I didn't even notice what the time is now and how the sky is painted with such heavy pastel colors" saad niya naman at pumasok sa kotse niya at nagsimula naman siyang magmaneho.