CHAPTER 42

THIRD PERSON POV

He smiles at her and walked in front of her. "You must embrace yourself while hearing the whole truth about why we are struck between conflicts" he says to her, but she is more than ready and so as he sigh as a sign of defeat.

As Lei anticipated what is the secret all about, there is a knocked on the room. The fast and intense knocking that only means one thing--a bad news. Her Father walked to the door, and stops "it's always been like this" she says to her and open the door wherein his secretary looks a bit of pale.

The secretary then gave him the news article, and so as she smiles in sad face. "Okay, you may now go. Thank you for informing me" he says to him and shut the door again and looked at his daughter.

"The truth just got revealed at the moment that you asks about it" he says go her and gave her the article that he just read a while ago. Lei then read it with a confused face. "The hidden Affair of Theo Reyes, News after news" she reads and proceeds to scroll down.

"While you are scrolling down the article, let me, myself tell you the story behind those. And that's what answers to your questions earlier. I don't want to keep secrets to you because I know you are aiming to take control the Clan and I don't have any problem with that. But I am more worried you ascending that position without knowing the while truth just like what happened to Esiriane" he says to her and so as she just continue to read, "That is a first that you says you are worried to me. But anyway, I understand why are you so worried since you didn't order this and I am the one who decides it to myself, go on" she says to her and proceeds to what she is doing.

"Well, the three Empires isn't just like this, in fact we are all part to each other but that shattered because of the greed that the former leaders and jealousy towards others. You heard about the story of my long time dead sister, right? The one and only girl in all of the Reyes Siblings. She did not die because of the illness like the stories that you've heard in this household. She died in other reason, she was killed by Razel, the mother of your ex-boyfriend Dark when we are in our elementary school. That severed the ties between Reyes and the Sandoval, but the family isn't that powerful enough to fought the then strongest Sandoval. We keep quite and just create story to cover up the truth as well as the wounds of in our hearts" he begun to tell a story to his daughter who is busy scrolling down the article that she just read, but then, Lei have a good senses and can do multitask.

"Is that why they were so against of my relationship to Dark back then? Well, this isn't just what deep I am expecting is... since Dark hid his status and acts like ordinary people" she asks herself but didn't ask her father in such and just listens to what he is talking about.

"That's the backstory of how the Sandovals and Reyes doesn't stand beside each others as we precious her more than anything. And as well as Razel is distancing herself to Kuya Theo even though they are quite bestfriend back then. But it isn't the case why all of this happened. Since the Sandovals helped us a lot and it just an accident and Razel does not mean to do that. In fact, she herself was a victim to her father's abuse of power, she was drugged without her consent and knowing. It is unknown to everyone but, there is one girl that made us all in awe and that's the beginning of everything" he says, umupo naman siya sa malapit na upuan habang nagbabasa ang kaniyang anak ng pinapabasa niya na nakakunot ang noo. "What a tragic, it is a curse to born with a wealthy family isn't, just like what we are feeling" she said and proceeds what she is doing.