CHAPTER 48

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Mr. Carpio?" Tanong ng doktor na kakalabas palang sa pintuan ng emergency room na kung nasaan ay ina-assist si Ritcsh.

"Yes? What are the findings, Doc?" Tanong niya naman bilang sagot sa doktor. Ngumiti naman ang doktor sa kaniya at humarap. "It is a bad news and a good news, Mr. Carpio. What would you want first to know?" Tanong niya naman sa kaniya na siyang ikinatingin niya sa akin.

"Hmm... I don't care what you want to spill first, Doc" sambit niya naman sa kaniya na siya namang ikinangiti ng maliit ng doktora.

"Acting so cold, young man. But I do get why. Well, the young master survived after the operation of taking the bullets off on her body. But, in the bad side we discovered that she have infections that rapidly developing throughout her body that will later formed to be a tumor if not medicated early" saad niya naman sa kaniya na siyang ikinatingin lang nito sa kaniya.

"She did nothing but a trouble" he said while eyeing on the doctor. They are casual with each other as they knew each other's existence ever since he became active as an heir to the position up until now that he became the head of the Empire.

The Doctor just smiled and says, "Young Man, she is still part of your family. Be easy on her, and I will excuse myself to prepare the further procedure to the Young Master" saad naman nito sa kaniya na siyang ikinaupo niya sa couch ng Hospital.

The doctor just now is renowned to be one of the part of Board of Directors in the Sandoval Empire that have a huge contribution in the Hospital of them. As she doesn't want to retired and have a peaceful life, she stays in the Hospital taking care of the health of the Sandoval Family. Kaya naman ay ganun ganun niya nalang kinakausap si Dark knowing that he recently just became the Head of the Family after the resignation of Katarina Val. She is also a mentor of his while in the Luna University studying a Pre-med course.

"Family. It is just a blood that we have in common, she is still the reason to what happened to Light" sambit niya sa kaniyang isipan while sitting down in a couch after the Doctor left.

"I cannot accept her... But Mama looks like have something in her sleeve. Well, she knows the game as they are the one who starts the game. However, I cannot just let her control all over the course of it even if she is my mother and the one who is a first player of the game. She might be killed, well, eventhough she got the skills at her age now, one will not have the certain of degrading health of her. Even if she would not tell me everything, I knew it that she is hiding more dangerous secret than what was the game all about... And I cannot see her die" he got lost in his thoughts after a while. And he just brought in the reality by the sound of his ringtone.

Napatingin naman siya rito at sinagot ng makita kung sino ang tumatawag sa kaniya. It's Kenjie, the one who pretends to be his lover at the same his bestfriend and a butler.

["What makes you call me Ken? Is there something happened in there?"] Tanong niya naman sa tumatawag sa kaniya. Sandaling katahimikan muna ang ang nag-register sa linya at maya maya naman ay may ingay na naririnig.

["Wala namang nangyari dito, napatawag lang ako dahil sa balita na umabot sakin rito. Tito Gray looks like worried as soon as I spoke to him and currently in communication with your mother. Are everything okay, right there?"] Tanong niya naman sa kaniya na siyang ikinapikit niya ng kaniyang mata at ang cellphone ay nasa malapit sa tenga niya.

["Yeah, everything is okay at our end. It is just that the plan is to bait and lure someone"] sagot niya naman sa kaniya na siyang ikinahingang malalim ni Kenjie.