1 | A Chef's Secret I

7:00 a.m.

It was a typical morning at sea. The Strawhats had just woken up to greet the beauty of the sun shining down on them... All except for two that were still heavily asleep.

"Hmm, let's see: Chopper, Usopp, Franky, Robin Chwaaan!!... Ha.. Next, Brook, NAMI SWA- Wait." Sanji thought he miscounted the crewmates, so he recounted them.

To his surprise, he hadn't miscounted at all, there were two of them missing.

"Where's Zoro and Luffy?" He asked, looking at the others.

"Probably still sleeping," Nami suggested. "Mhm, especially after drinking last night." Robin added with a soft chuckle.

"I see." Sanji quietly walked away, attending to the kitchen chores before sitting down to eat his food.

~Timeskip~

By the time it was 9:00 a.m. most of the crewmates had already finished their breakfast, and some were back to the kitchen, helping themselves to some snacks.

Sanji was sat at the dinner table with his arms folded, wearing a rather daunting look on his face.

"Good morning, everyone!!" A tall, lanky boy waved at his friends, a wide smile plastered on his face.

Behind him remained a stronger figure with a sleeveless tank top and tight black jeans, wielding a set of three shiny swords on his left side.

The younger boy was greeted with a bittersweet wave from one of hid good friends. Among the rest of his trusty crewmates, this was the only one that didn't seem to be giving him a sincere hello.

Neither Luffy, nor the green haired male who was sat beside him. "MMMMM, Delicious!!" The boy complimented his cooking but didn't receive a response.

"Oi Sanji, you awake?" Zoro joked, waving his hand across the angry blonde's eyes.

"The only one that does nothing but sleep all day here is you, moss head. Eat your food before it gets cold. That goes for you too, Luffy." He rolled his eyes, walking away.

"Thank you for the food!" Luffy giggled, gulping down his breakfast, starting by happily munching on a piece of chicken.

"Hey hey!! Luffyyyyy, where do ya' wanna go today?" Usopp asked, partially interrupting his captain's mealtime, but that never stopped Luffy from eating at the speed of light.

"Yohoho! He's like a vacuum cleaner!" Brook and Chopper started laughing while Nami shushed them.

"QUIET! Robin's teaching me how to be an Archeologist." While the rest of the crewmates argued, Zoro and Luffy were in their own little world.

"Want more juice?" The swordsman politely offered Luffy.

"You? Being nice to someone? That's a shocker." Sanji smirked, teasing Zoro, to which the male rolled his eyes at him.

The younger boy nodded, thanking Zoro.

"Sanjiiiii, you seem different today." Luffy stated after taking a sip of his fruity beverage.

"Different? How so?" He questioned with a gentle tone of voice towards the younger.

"Must be my imagination, never mind." Luffy excused himself while getting up from the table after Sanji took his plate away to wash it.

Zoro followed behind him, just as they did when they first sat down to eat breakfast, then headed out to greet the other crewmates.

After awhile of talking about all things related to the next Island they wanted to embark a new journey on, Luffy's worry had faded away.

In no time, he was back to his carefree self, huddled up with his friends.

"Did you get enough sleep last night, Luffy?" Robin questioned, earning everyone's attention as they noticed how tired Luffy seemed.

"Now that you mentioned it, Robin... He doesn't seem as energetic as usual." Usopp admitted with a frown, lifting up Luffy's head from the hardwood flooring within the outside of the ship.

"Mmm.. Not enough sleep. I guess it was my mistake for drinking so much sa-"

"SODA. He drank soda, and lots of it, too." Zoro chimed in, sweat beads running down his forehead and neck.

"SODA??? IT CAN'T BE-" Franky disappeared in a matter of seconds, running into the ship towards the kitchen.

"Huh? It didn't sound like you were going to say soda, Captain." Chopper spoke, staring directly at Luffy, who had opened his eyes widely.

"It almost sounded like-" Luffy suddenly started to pat on Chopper's shoulders, acting surprised.

"MYYYYY, LOOK AT YOUR MUSCLES! Have you been working out with Zoro, Chopper?" This made the younger gasp.

"Y-you've noticed?? You don't have to be so nice, stop that! Stop that!" Chopper blushed, swaying from side to side.

"That was close." Luffy sighed in silence. His eyes suddenly widened when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist, followed by the familiar scent of cologne infused with alcohol.

"Too close." Zoro smirked, teasing the younger. Their interactions seemed more natural than usual, which came to a surprise for most of the crewmates, considering how distant both Luffy and Zoro seem from the world around them.

But on the contrary; They were closer than ever to each other today.

~ Meanwhile ~

"SANJI, SODA. SEEN IT? ABOUT THIS TALL, FIZZY, SPARKLI-" Franky breathed out a sigh of relief to find the fridge full of his favorite carbonated beverages, growing cheerful again.

Before he could walk away, however, he noticed something rather off about the ship's chef.

"Whatcha making there?" He asked, peeking his head over to see Sanji cutting up some fruit.

"Salad. A fresh fruit salad.... That's all." He blandly replied, escorting him out of the kitchen.

"Huh... Weird."

~~~