20. Getting closer

Começar do início

After a few minutes, we were at the food court, and I was munching on my cheese burgur, when Simrat was surprised by Aman, courtesy of me.
And i, on the other hand, was shocked, at the appearance of my future fiance, donned in informal clothes while his face was hidden behind a cap and a pair of sunglasses, to keep his visit private. I tried to keep my face normal, inspite of the choking I felt in my guts.
Too much for my peaceful outing.

Aman was greeted by his fiance, with a tight hug which he reciprocated equally. While I received a side hug and a sniff of my hair by my ff, as he sat at my side placing his forearm at the back of my chair.
His closeness sending me in a state of frenzy, which was not really much as he was sitting just beside me.

Was it too much? No.
Was I disappointed? Hell, yes.

Specially, when my mouth was full with the last bite I had taken and I was looking like a chipmunk.

I drank a whole glass of water hurriedly, to swallow the unchewed bite, which was stuck in my throat, sending me into coughing fits.

He tried to sooth me, rubbing my back, while he looked at me with concerned expressions.
But it was doing anything, but sooth me.

Soon after, i relaxed and shrank back in my chair, only to jerk back after smashing his hand kept there
muttering a small apology, receiving a small smile in return.
All were busy in casual talks and making random jokes, honestly, I had never seen Rajveer talking this much and so freely, unless he was not on stage.
While I just sat there observing people around me.
So unusual.

It sent me back to the time when we had met as mutual friends of our respective besties.
Our aggressive arguments and my baseless accusations that had fueled his anger, making him look murderous.
If not for his friends and reputation, he would have killed me or eaten me raw.

The memories sent a shiver through my body, and as Rajveer was sitting closeby, he thought I was cold and extended his jacket towards my direction.

However sensing my frozen self he draped it over me carefully, staring into my eyes, which i averted quickly.

Will he really do that, in case of our future disagreement?
Will he be able to learn forgive and forget?

In case of a no, we will simply end up murdering each other.

I was shaken out of my thoughts by Nimrat, who looked at me concerned.

When did they come back?

"Are you alright, Nivi?"
She asked, and i only nodded as a reply lying about being tired.

"Let us cancel the plan for today, we can always do it later on."
Rajveer suggested.
Wait what, cancel what.

"No I'm alright, let us please just continue. I don't have any problem."

" She is making that face, so that she can skip shopping in future." Simi said glaring at me while i narrowed my eyes at her.
Woman, you don't want to mess with me right now.

" Sure, as always I've better things to do."
I retorted and made my way out of the place, leaving them behind with their and my luggage, which was only a small bag Simi insisted on buying for me.

I was soon joined by them as i had slowed down, regretting not knowing the plans they were talking about.

I was startled at the sudden touch on my hand, and when i was about to smack the audacious person I was pulled back softly to stifle my advance.