Riju and Kagome had grown close as Kagome had nothing to do while waiting for Link and Sesshoumaru to finish their end of the deal while she was held back, and Riju being a curious child who had never left the Gerudo region questioned her about her journey with the Hylian Champion. So Kagome regaled her with tales of how she and Sesshoumaru ended up helping Link.

She told her about the wetlands of Zora Domain with their proud and long living residents, about the searing heat of Death Mountain and the friendly Gorons, about the mysterious but actually friendly but suspicious Sheikah deep in the hidden Kakariko, about the silly and eccentric Sheikah researcher up in Hateno and finally about the tales she heard from Link regarding the picturesque Rito Village in the cool Tabantha Frontier.

Then Riju decided to bring her to her divining Sand Seal Patricia and they spend the days feeding the Sand Seal, listening to her prediction and clues. So far, she and Riju made it a game of deciphering whatever it was that Patricia told them after being fed fruits. So far, she favored Hearty Durians and the extremely rare Wildberries. Rare since it can only be found in the colder regions and Link had brought some from when he went behind the Rito Stable and came across bushes of it.

They then spend the next evening teaching each other grooming techniques and hair styles. That was when Link found them. Helping Kagome drag Link to her bed, the two girls looked at each other giggled as they slept with Link between them. They looked forward to Link's flustered look in the morning...

Link was flustered and highly confused when he woke up around midnight. Then he panicked as he thought on Sesshoumaru's reaction so he teleported to Kakariko and took a thorough bath, brewed some Electro Elixir to prepare himself for the upcoming battle. From his experience, the Blights tended to match the Champions that they fought. It only made sense since the Champions' very strength can be their greatest weakness.

Mipha, despite her abilities as Zora Champion was nothing to sneeze at, has a much smaller attack range and stamina than the Waterblight Ganon. Not to mention the she has no access to the Sheikah Slate to counter the ice made of Cryonis Rune. He can easily see her slowly losing stamina trying to outrun the ice blocks only to be speared by the longer attack range of the Blight. Even worse, the Blight's only weakness, Shock Arrows, was also her weakness...Mipha never had a chance.

Daruk's strength and shield can only withstand so much bombing from the fireballs spewed by the Fireblight Ganon. Worse was the vacuuming as he prepared the fireballs as no attack can get past his shield. Link only survived because of the Remote Bomb Rune. Any other version of bombing would have detonated with how hot the region was. Again, the Blight has limitless stamina. Once again, Daruk's greatest strength was used against him. No matter how resilient the Goron was with their rock hard shells, even they couldn't possibly survive fireballs.

Revali's greatest strength was his flight and archery skill. But it was rendered useless against Windblight as his flight can be destroyed by the tornadoes thrown by the Blight. Revali's pride in his wings was played against him. No matter how great his shooting skill was, his stamina has an end as the turrets summoned by the Blight will chase after him. Between the tornadoes and the freely aiming turrets shooting from blind spots, Revali couldn't have won. If Link lacked as much arsenal as he did, he too won't have won. The Stasis Rune was his greatest asset in this battle.

Now...Urbosa, from what little he can remember, was famous for both her strength and speed as well as, from what his returned memory showed him, her thunder strikes known as Urbosa's Fury. Link suspected that he will suffer many lightning strikes in this coming battle.

When he teleported back to Gerudo Town at the crack of dawn, he found Sesshoumaru sniffing the air and froze as silver and gold eyes honed in on him. Sesshoumaru stared at Link, scenting Kagome on his left side but nothing more. Whatever the two did, it was purely platonic and innocent. Besides, Link is pack. It only made sense for her scent to be thick on his person.

Link wondered why he was so nervous. It wasn't like he and Kagome didn't snuggle with each other when they had to sleep outside to retain heat. Then again, Sesshoumaru was always with them. They took his pelt for granted as it helps them be comfortable. And yet, for some reason he felt guilty. It made no sense but that was how his instinct made him feel. Not knowing what to do, he stared at Sesshoumaru with wide eyes.

Sesshoumaru sighed quietly and decided to calm the boy down before he wind any tighter, "How is Kagome?"

Link took that question as his cue to relax and he took it, "She's fine. Chief Riju treated her like a friend. I found them grooming playing with each other," He made sure to tell Sesshoumaru that Kagome was treated more like a friend visiting than a prisoner, hoping to smooth some of Sesshoumaru's ruffled feather regarding Kagome being held back to make sure that Link bring back the Thunder Helm as proof of his skills.

Knowing just what it was that Link was trying to do, Sesshoumaru hummed, "As long as she is well," 'Then all is well' was left unsaid but noted nonetheless.

The two then discuss about the possibilities of the future trial awaiting Link in Vah Naboris. Luckily, during one of Link's numerous lonely adventures when his friends were indisposed, he had come across a special set that can help him in the future battle; the Rubber Armor set. He had refined the special set with the help of the Great Fairies.

It started out as a simple request when he first set foot in Faron Wood by a worried stable hand.

When he received the Rubber Helm, he wondered if there were a set waiting to be united like so many of the items he collected on his journey. Kass's song helped him discover a dangerous Shrine quest, one where he almost died from being struck by lightning. His suspicion after that particular ordeal was answered when he received a pair of Rubber Tights, which means a Rubber Armor must exist somewhere in Hyrule.

He was right and the quest to get it wasn't easy. Link broke a lot of weapons to get those balls over the elevated piece of land. Not to mention with how whatever the ancient Sheikah monks did, the Thundra Plateau was trapped in perpetual thunderstorm until the Trial of Thunder was completed, which meant he has to take off any metallic items from his body, which includes his belt buckle. Baring Zora's Domain, Link has never been more soaked in his life. Capturing the Ridgeland Tower was not any less wet either and his hatred of the Electric Wizzrobes haunting the tower rise to a whole new level.

There was a crazy researcher at the top too...Link indulged the man once and that was it.

Sesshoumaru might make his head fly though...

Kagome will probably be tempted to push the scientist off the side of the tower into the Electric Lizalfos infested water below...

Back to the matter at hand, Sesshoumaru told him to wear his Voe Set for the first stage of capturing the stolen mechanical Divine Beast for it was made for the desert. He then set Link on refining his Sand Seal shield surfing skill the whole morning. They knew the basic from when they used the seals to get to Karusa Valley, but their control was far from perfect and Link cannot fail in this or he will die. Sesshoumaru had seen what the unnaturally generated lightning strikes can do and he does not wish that fate on Link whom he consider pack.

When the sun was at its peak, the young Gerudo Chief emerged from the town with Kagome right behind her. Sesshoumaru studied the little girl and decided that he should let go whatever bitterness he hold over her decision. Kagome immediately took notice of Sesshoumaru and called out to him. Riju turned to see the final member of Link's party and found herself speechless.

She has never seen a man so large. She has heard tales of Prince Sidon and his great presence. But being the son of the Zora King meant that his growth will never end. Even now, King Dorephan still grew despite his age. Rumor has it that he could no longer leave the main court of Zora Palace due to his size.

Being young, Riju knew that she still has years to grow into an adult. Being surrounded by her tall sisters was the norm and seeing Voe from outside being smaller and shorter was the usual for her. Baring the gender queer Goron, as they consider each other as brothers and seemingly have no female among their ranks, Riju has never seen a Voe being taller than a Vai, especially Gerudo.

But her sudden nervousness aside, they group decided to wait for Link at the lookout post stationed at the very edge of Gerudo Town safe perimeter. Once Link returned from his Sand Seal shield surfing practice, they will begin their attack on the last Divine Beast Vah Naboris...