Chapter 2 (Steven) (Edited)

Start from the beginning

            Regrettably, I pushed the beauty away from me and sucked in a deep breath trying really hard to restrain myself.

            Clenching my back teeth I said, “That” pausing while running my hand through my hair, trying to   hold on tightly to my control, “can never happen again”.

            Her mouth gaped open, all pretty and swollen from my kisses, and I knew I had shocked her.  Good.  That was what I needed from her.  There was no way that we could be around each other.  Not any time soon, anyway.  Low and behold, I watched my little beauty cock her hands on her hips and stand straighter than a broom stick.

            She stuck that lip out and snarled at me, “You need to keep your hands and your mouth to yourself mister.”

            I could feel the turmoil coming off my little mate in waves.  Pride swelled in my gut, and I wanted to smile at her.  My little mate was a spit fire.  She was such a temptation - a temptation that I was going to have to find some way to resist.

            “Well, you shouldn't be prancing your little ass around here looking so irresistible. Then I wouldn’t have to kiss you like that” I replied with a satisfying smirk.

            I heard her mutter under her sweet breath, “Unbelievable” and couldn’t stop myself from chuckling at her.   

            I watched her when she placed her delicate fingers to her head as if she was trying to ward off a headache just before our eyes locked onto each other once again.  Dang, she is going to be such a hard hunger to try and slate.  For whatever reason, I could not pull my eyes from her gaze.  She had me firmly wrapped around her fingers and genuinely whipped.

            My little mate stomped her foot, just like a little toddler and all but screamed at me, “Fine.  Whatever!  I’m out of here.”  Her arm brushed against mine, skin on skin, and my groin swelled          even more as the shocks rocked my body.  I rubbed at my arm and watched her walk away. 

            Before she could get too far out of my sight, I called out to her, “Princess, there you go again, twitching that pretty little ass of yours.”

            She stopped in the center of the hall and for the first time I realized that we had an audience.  I mentally smacked myself for drawing the unwanted attention to our conversation but damn, she just makes me so crazy with need.  I continued to watch her as she picked up the pace and basically ran down the hall.  I started laughing just because I had just warned her about that cute little derriere, and there she goes flaunting it right in my face.

            Calming down, now that she was out of my sight, I turned and headed back for the office.  I felt a hand touch my shoulder and looked back to see my baby brother, Bobby.  He’s only two years younger than me and looks exactly like mom.

            “That was quite a show you put on bro,” he said casually.

            I shrugged my shoulders in a very non-chalant manner as if it didn’t mean anything and kept on walking forward.  He tightened his hold of my arm and jerked me around so that I was facing him.

            “Dude!” I hissed at him.  “What is your problem?”

            Bobby pushed me back in to the wall and my temper flared.  A growl escaped my lips and he returned it with a snarl of his own. 

            “Do you know who that female was?” Bobby asked. 

            My nostrils flared out and my breathing was coming in large gasps.  Through gritted teeth I managed to ask, “Who?”

            “Well Mr. Lover Boy, that just so happens to be Alpha Martin’s daughter.”

            My face paled.  My mate was the Alpha’s daughter.  What am I going to do?  There is no way that I can leave her and there is no way I can be with her right now.  Not with the looming threat hanging over my head.

            I was engrossed in my own thoughts when Bobby started snapping his fingers in front of me. 

            “Hey wise ass, how long do you think it will take before her family hears about your little stunt?  We are supposed to be on the down low dude.”

            I covered my face with both hands. “I know,” I groaned.

            We both stood there and looked at each for a moment.

            “This isn’t like you man.  You always had more control than this; you were always the Ice Man.”

            I shook my head in denial.  How was I supposed to answer that?  At the same time Bobby looked up at me with understanding. 

            “She’s your mate, isn’t she,” he replied subtly.

            I looked into the dark eyes of my brother and nodded my head grimly.  Bobby placed his hand on my shoulder as we both started to head off to the office.

            “How’s that saying go,” he said. “Um, looks like you just may be up shit creek without the paddle dude.”

            I snorted, “And that’s only half of it.” 

            Bobby glanced at me with sympathy in his eyes.  “I know man, believe me, I know.”