- Chapter 42: Party Prep. -

"Zade, that won't work

"Zade, that won't work.", I said, trying to correct him for the millionth time.

"Yes it will you just have to... ugh!", He groaned in frustration.

"Just put it somewhere else!"

"I can't, I need it to be perfectly fitting in one shelf!"

"Zade, unless you want your book shelf to break-"

"Okay! Fine! I'm not!", He yelled. Then he put the book on the top of the whole shelf on its face so it wasn't noticeable.

Zade stomped downstairs mumbling something under his breath.

I laughed to myself at him when my phone rang.

"Hello?", I said, answering. It was Dad.

"Arabella, how are you?", He asked in a I need to ask you a favour tone.

"Oh no.. I was fine until you called. I know that voice.", I said.

"I need you to go to the party though. You know its a must as the second heir.", He said.

It's an annual thing. The Italian-American mafias all come together to celebrate Thanksgiving together, it's a beautiful tradition but I hate it.

"Please Dad, I promise if you let me stay back this year I'll go next year and even dress decently!"

"You promised me that last year and the year before that.", He stated.

"How peculiar..", I said looking at Leo and asking him for help.

"Arabella, please this year is more important than last year, given all the events that happened in the last three months, all the Don's have a thing to sign, and I need you to be there, if anything goes wrong because you know I don't trust them, and you wouldn't want your dear father getting hurt would you?", He said.

"Stop emotionally blackmailing me Dad.", I said firmly.

"You can bring your dogs."

"I would've brang them even if you said no.", I said in a that-should-be-obvious-as fuck tone.

"You can let Zade come along.", He said.

"You really expect me to bring him to an event with fully armed mafioso?", I asked.

"No, but.. please?", He asked.

"Dad.", I pleaded.

"All the candy you buy will be on me for a year just you need to come to this event. It'll be the second last one for the year.", He said.