- Chapter 38: Therapy -

"Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey

"Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey.", I said as I shook Arabella.

She was sitting on a chair and I was watching the races. Now that they were over, I wanted to go pick up Marco, King and Leo.

"Can we please go pick them up?", I asked for the twelfth time today.

"Go eat first Zade.", She said.

"I ate like an hour ago!", I complained.

"Exactly!", She exclaimed.

She's been more careful about everything I do and has been keeping mental track of how much I eat every day. It's been three days since my... *scoff* incident.

I know she blames her self for what happened and I've read enough books to know she'll want to distance herself to keep it safe.

Although I don't think books are accurate.

But I tried bringing it up again, this time, I'm actually pushing her about it.

"Arabella don't dare beat yourself up over it, okay?", I started.

"I-", Not letting her finish, I said:

"I know you're blaming yourself. So don't. It won't work because no matter how much you tell yourself that, I'll always tell you otherwise. It's not being selfish to be with someone you care for."

"How much does this therapy session cost?", She joked.

"Stop it, I'm being serious.", I said trying to hold in a smile.

"I'm being serious too, dumbass.", She responded and gave me a smile warmer than one I'd seen this whole week.

I love you, Arabella.

The three words which held so much meaning when said, but it was the most difficult phrase to say. Never did I think I had to say it to a girl other than my mom.

"Arabella, please don't leave me.", I pleaded.

"I won't, Zade. I won't.", she promised.

~~~

"Look if you have a fucking issue with it, get it solved. I don't have an issue and I'm rather happy like this so leave me alone!", I nearly yelled.

"In order for it to be solved, I need you to remove your hand from my thigh!", She said, matching my tone.

"It's comfy.", I said.

"It feels weird."

"No it doesn't, you're just not used to it.", I said as I pressed on the brakes slowly to stop at the red light.

"If you're using the main roads to get to Aspen then-"

"I'm not God damn, I'm taking the longer way to the highway, it's a quicker way to get to Aspen.", that makes no sense.