ARC 9 - Chapter 9.20

The man held Xiang Chenjin and slowly walked towards Wei Changxiu with a glass of wine. Before he reached within two meters of Wei Changxiu, the man called out with a high voice, “Mr. Wei! It’s really good to see you. I didn’t expect you to be so young.”

Hearing this completely abrupt voice, all those around Wei Changxiu with warm expressions stopped their laughter and turned their heads in slight surprise. Only after seeing the person who came did a trace of displeasure flash in their eyes.

So it was Boss Huang! This person suddenly made a fortune and has a lot of money, but his taste is unflattering.

These people are not averse to the so-called profiteers. After all, anyone who has the ability to make a fortune must have redeeming qualities. Starting with nothing, they must have more hard work than those who come with a golden spoon.

But this is not the case with Boss Huang. This person speaks of making money with peace, but his character is incredibly arrogant, takes vulgarity as an advantage, and acts with a lack of moral righteousness. So at first glance, this person relies on his own financial strength to meet people around, but in fact, there are not many who really has a friendship with him.

In fact, it is because of this situation of Boss Huang that Xiang Chenjin was able to find him. Anyone else in the capital who knows something about the dirty affairs of the Xiang family back then would not have anything to do with Xiang Chenjin.

In the beginning, Wei Changxiu announced his relationship with Xiang Chenyu in a high profile. In recent years, Wei Changxiu rarely appeared in public but often accompanied Xiang Chenyu, running from north to south to attend his concerts.

A discerning eye will know that the eccentric power holder of the Wei family might have really set his heart on Xiang Chenyu this time. Because in all fairness, people of their status, if they do not really love them, how will they do this?

However, Boss Huang, who has just stepped into this circle, obviously does not have such an understanding and also scoffed at others’ reminders. In his opinion, Xiang Chenyu for Wei Changxiu is like Xiang Chenjin for him, just a toy that can be shown and played with in private.

At this moment, looking at the brightly smiling Boss Huang and the young man he held in his arms, the already sparse crowd around Boss Huang quietly moved a little further away from him.

Boss Huang may have been used to it. In other family banquets, he has always looked like this. Still, the hosts of those banquets were either embarrassed or had dealings with Boss Huang, so they ignored his behavior.

However, Wei Changxiu is different. All the guests present can be said to have some understanding of the Wei family’s affairs. They know that Wei Changxiu has a strange personality, sometimes cold and sometimes irritable. There are even rumors that this person seems to have some kind of mental illness. Though Wei Changxiu’s temper has now improved a lot, he has always shown no mercy when he gets angry.

As the person in charge of the Wei family, Wei Changxiu does not need to show mercy to others.

Wei Changxiu also heard Boss Huang’s shout, and he subconsciously furrowed his eyebrows. His dark gray eyes glanced over at Boss Huang, who was coming this way, and found that he did not know this person, so he turned his head and looked at Wei Ming beside him inquiringly.

Wei Ming immediately bent over Wei Changxiu’s ears to report about Boss Huang’s life. His voice was not lowered, apparently not hiding the fact that his boss did not know this person. Moreover, if Boss Huang was closer, he would be surprised how the person beside Wei Changxiu knew his life in such detail.